“Great for multiple adults in a room.”

Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for my daughter and her friend to go to a concert at the Gwinnett Arena (older teenage daughter). The hotel was great, location great. Since it was a Thursday night we were able to take advantage of the appetizers in the eating area. This was actually more like a meal and that was one less thing we had to worry about. This is a very busy and high traffic area so if we didn't have to get out, that was great for us. There are people here who are long term with their jobs and meet around the dinner are for conversations, etc. So that was nice to be able to talk with some of them. I do agree with "Robin W' on the cab issue. We had called before we arrived to see if there was some sort of cab service or transportation and said that the venue was so close that a cab would be about $10 one way to get them there. We arrived and find out that that was not true. My husband took the girls to the concert to know where they were and we called the # that the front desk gave us and what actually picked them up was a Black Expedition, unmarked which made it difficult for the girls to find them in the mix of million cars. When they did, there was no meter, we were charged a fee of $25 for a 10 minute ride back to the hotel. She may be right with the kick back. The experience overall was great so that didn't dampen our mood.

Room Tip: We were in the 2 room suite that was on the side where the parking is. Because there are workers in...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel to attend a show at Red Clay Theater. I have no complaints about the hotel itself. My issue is this: I asked Lisa at the front desk about getting a cab to the theater. I also asked what the cost would be. She said she did not know, but that there were a couple of companies that they recommended. She said she would call a cab for me when I was ready. I called the front desk 10 minutes before I wanted to leave. I was told the cab would be there in 10-15 minutes. After waiting more than 30 minutes, an unmarked SUV finally showed up. The driver did not know where the venue was, and had a very difficult time even following the GPS instructions. I had to tell him three times that he had missed a turn. Even with all of that, my issue is that this wasn't a CAB (which is what I requested), but some sort of car service. There was no meter in the car, so I had no idea what I was going to be charged. The hotel was no more than 7-8 miles from the venue. Yet I was charged $30. I wanted a simple cab ride. I wonder if the hotel is getting some sort of kick-back from this car service. I was very disappointed. This completely wiped out any special rate I had received through hotels.com.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Accommodations, Breakfast, Dinner, Service all of it was absolutely excellent. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of. The location was great to get to my events at the center. If you have to go to the conference center at rush hour it is great, you are south of the center therefore you are headed the opposite direction of rush hour! It was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank simpleman66
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Experience the staff was very nice. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was spacious and enjoyable. The evening dinner buffet was good. It was hamburgers and hot dogs, but the burgers were good. Not your typical hotel hamburger hockey puck. Rate was very reasonable as well. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have been comiing here since we opened a satellite office in Norcross in '04. The recently renovated rooms are perfect for longer stays. Everything you need at an affordable price. When you factor in the free hot breakfast it's hard to beat the value. I like to go to the grocery and load up on staples so I can save money vs. going out to eat. But there are free dinners during weekday stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adnad
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed around 2 months and had a amazing experience. The staff were very friendly, the rooms are well maintained.. Hotel was very clean and we loved the ambiance very much.. Would surely give 5 stars for the service of the hotel :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Outstanding value for an Atlanta property. Real convenient location right off of Interstate I-85; very good location for North Atlanta. I was going to stay in downtown Atlanta; I am a glad I chose this property. Easy access up the road to Ronald Reagan Parkway (for Snellville, Lawrenceville).
The staff is very helpful; the breakfast is outstanding with ample choices. Housekeeping was very attentive; they even loaded my dishes in the dishwasher. Residence Inns are a great value for families with the included kitchen, utensils, even roll towels and dishwasher soap.
The room was clean, with two flat screen TVs - one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. Another nice touch was that coffee was always available in the Front Lodge morning and night. Another great convenience is the presence of an International Farmers Market right across the highway from the property - Nam De Mun. A mall, restaurants and other shops are nearby. This property is tucked into a development called "Crestwood." You will need to look for this sign when turning off the main street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family