“Great Stay! Comfortable Room - Nice Evening Buffet”

Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay! Comfortable Room - Nice Evening Buffet”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Experience the staff was very nice. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was spacious and enjoyable. The evening dinner buffet was good. It was hamburgers and hot dogs, but the burgers were good. Not your typical hotel hamburger hockey puck. Rate was very reasonable as well. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have been comiing here since we opened a satellite office in Norcross in '04. The recently renovated rooms are perfect for longer stays. Everything you need at an affordable price. When you factor in the free hot breakfast it's hard to beat the value. I like to go to the grocery and load up on staples so I can save money vs. going out to eat. But there are free dinners during weekday stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank adnad
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed around 2 months and had a amazing experience. The staff were very friendly, the rooms are well maintained.. Hotel was very clean and we loved the ambiance very much.. Would surely give 5 stars for the service of the hotel :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Outstanding value for an Atlanta property. Real convenient location right off of Interstate I-85; very good location for North Atlanta. I was going to stay in downtown Atlanta; I am a glad I chose this property. Easy access up the road to Ronald Reagan Parkway (for Snellville, Lawrenceville).
The staff is very helpful; the breakfast is outstanding with ample choices. Housekeeping was very attentive; they even loaded my dishes in the dishwasher. Residence Inns are a great value for families with the included kitchen, utensils, even roll towels and dishwasher soap.
The room was clean, with two flat screen TVs - one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. Another nice touch was that coffee was always available in the Front Lodge morning and night. Another great convenience is the presence of an International Farmers Market right across the highway from the property - Nam De Mun. A mall, restaurants and other shops are nearby. This property is tucked into a development called "Crestwood." You will need to look for this sign when turning off the main street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here while on a business trip. The hotel was very clean and efficient. Staff at front desk was very friendly. The gym was tiny. Location seemed very convenient, however I couldn't find a DD or Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We checked in on July 23rd in the wee hrs of the morning. We were given a room upstairs, which turned out to be in the middle of being painted, had paper and cardboard everywhere. So we called down to front desk, and were moved downstairs to room 108. I pulled the bedding bag down from the closet shelf to make up the hide a bed, and when I unfolded the sheet there was a bug crawling in it. I quickly folded the bug and the sheet back into the bag and zipped it shut. This got me worried about bugs elsewhere. I went to the bed in the bedroom, pulled the mattress away from wall, looked behind headboard, and GROSS was it dirty back there. I pulled back the bed skirt to check the box spring and found another bug crawling there. Both bugs were the same type, reddish beetle type bugs. I didnt check anywhere else. After seeing the gross mess behind the head board, and then a huge mass of hair on the shower walls, and the edges around the bathroom we promptly checked out. We always stay at Residence Inn. This is the first time a Residence Inn grossed me out. The lady at the front desk was understanding and apologetic. What could she do? Not her fault. We are marriott gold members and always have found Marriott properties to be a good choice. I recommend this hotel gets a new cleaning crew for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lori L
Jim F, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
It was a pleasure speaking with you on Wednesday regarding your brief visit with us and to thank you for being our guests. The issues you describe do not reflect well on our usual high standards of cleanliness. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Thank you for allowing us a chance to serve your family again. Please contact me by phone or
e-mail, when your plans bring you back to the Gwinnett Place area.

Jim Flanagan
Residence Inn by Marriott Gwinnett Place
1760 Pineland Road
Duluth, Georgia 30096
770-921-2202 extension 4173
North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We experienced no problems during our stay. The rooms are huge and clean, internet access was good. During a bad thunderstorm the satellite did go out, but it also does at home. The evening "snack" was good but seating was very limited, the breakfast seating was less crowded. You can tell there were a lot of improvements made during renovations. The hotel is easy to get to, and shopping/restaurants were nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family