“Only okay.”

Rexall Grill
Ranked #185 of 436 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Read other Traveladvisor reviews and decided to give it a try. I don't need decore, but I do expect better country cooking at $9.95 for a meat & two sides. I ordered the baked chicken, collard greens and butter peas. The chicken was really dry and lacked much flavor. It would have benefitted from pre-salting before cooking, and about 10 mnutes less in the oven. The collard greens were home cooked, but not particularly flavorful. The butter peas also lacked much flavor. The corn muffins were quite good. My husband ordered meat loaf, collard greens and mac & cheese. I tasted his meatloaf and it was definitely better than my chicken, although still nothing to right home about. The mac & chesese was pretty good. We each had 1 meat and 2 sides and my husband ordered a drink. Our ticket was $22.45 plus tip (the service was fine, by the way). All in all, it was overpriced for such an average meal. I can't fault the decor. I knew what I was in for there just by the name.

There are newer reviews for Rexall Grill

Reviewed February 7, 2012

If you like local hole-in-the-wall places to eat, this place defines it. Decent food, fast, at a good price. Don't expect anything fancy!

3  Thank PrivateIdaheaux
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I've eaten at the Rexall hundreds of times over the past 18 years and I plan to do so many more times. The building is plain, the menu is straightforward, country-style cooking, and the staff is friendly. What more can you ask for?

The lunch menu has a full grill and sandwich selection, along with a meat and veggies options. Whiteboards on the wall list the days specials: 3-4 meats, 12-15 veggies, and homemade desserts. Most days have fried chicken and meatloaf on the menu, along with other options like catfish or baked ham. The vegetables are similar, with some being on the menu everyday and several others added periodically. Their vegetable soup, homemade and stuffed with veggies, is on the menu year-round. Meat+2 with a drink will run around $10.

Breakfast is pretty straightforward, with all the selections you'd expect. Their biscuits are huge, their coffee is strong, and the prices are right. An egg, grits, hash browns, biscuit, and coffee runs around $5.

The clientele is an unusual mix too. At breakfast, work or landscape crews are sitting next to the staff from City Hall. Tables of high school kids are grabbing a bite before class next to groups of retirees. It has a nice small town feel.

All in all, I like going to a restaurant where a waitress will fill up my coffee cup or iced tea glass because she's passing by, whether she's 'my' waitress or not. it keeps me coming back.

2  Thank RickN99
Reviewed July 22, 2011

While in Duluth, GA we decided to try the Rexall Grill at 3165 Buford Hwy. for breakfast. As others have noted, very plain building. Locals have probably gone past it daily and have never ventured inside. Mistake, because the food is classic Southern food that is served in an old-time drugstore setting. The restaurant is next door to a actual Rexall drugstore. Wallpaper and decorations are all Coke (Atlanta is the home of Coca Cola) There is counter service, tables & booths. We choose to sit at the counter for the true drugstore ambiance.
Food was plentiful, tasty and warm, homemade biscuits, coffee was good, hot and refilled several times. See photos, as we all ordered something different. The staff was very attentive.
Will probably go there again to try their lunches!

2  Thank magic_carpets
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The meals & desserts are just like Grandma's Sunday dinner. From fried chicken, to pot roast, to chicken and dressing, and of course meatloaf. The vegetables are southern to the core with macaroni and cheese, fried okra, green beans, and many other daily specials. And best of all don't forget the desserts. They have southern cobblers, banana pudding (on Thurs), and usually 3 to 4 cakes a day eg. banana, strawberry, coconut, peanut butter, and my favorite chocolate. The burger and fries are great too! The walls are covered in coke memorabilia and coke wallpaper. You can eat at the counter or join a table with many locals, or dine alone at a booth.

1  Thank onesoccer