“GREAT STAY..” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Inn Duluth
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
“GREAT STAY..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

i love to stay here. the staff is always helpful and professional. rooms are clean. breakfast is good. They opened up their pool for summer. it was clean and well maintained. its located at convenient place.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Q-D-GA, Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear from you about your stay to keep our hotel in good shape. Thanks for your business and we would love to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Average hotel for the money spent. I did not wake in time to see the breakfast. Even if you do smoke I suggest getting a non smoking room and going outside. The room smelled like stale smoke which was coming from the linens and carpet.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I want to first thank you for staying with us. On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you, and we will try our very best to resolve the issue.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and your positive criticism. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
Colchester, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I first drove in, my initial impression from the outside was that it appeared sketchy. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The hotel was clean and safe, and the front desk clerks quite helpful. The rooms were basic hotel rooms, but from that standpoint, nicely done. It is very convenient to I-85 exit 104. We asked for and were put in rooms away from the interstate. It was surprisingly quiet!
The breakfast, while adequate, did have its drawbacks. The eggs turned out to be hot hard boiled eggs. The sausage and muffin were miniature frozen muffins, fresh out of the Jimmy Dean box or whatever frozen food company box it was. Even though they were just put out, you had to know to put it in the microwave and cook it. There were two basic cereals, limited donuts and muffins and bananas.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate if you don't want to hear traffic all night long. It is very...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We apology for your inconvenience. will definitely focus on your points. Our personnel strives to keep the hotel facilities in the best possible light. Looking forward to see you back.
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed at this motel several times as it's very conveniently located to where I need to be when I fly into the Atlanta area. I've always thought the motel was OK... not great, but not bad either. I continued to stay there because I know what to expect... and there is a comfort in that. But after this last stay... I just can't return there. Reasons: The floor of the elevator is sticky... grossly so. I remember telling the desk person about that the last time I stayed here and yet, it's still a sticky mess. The towels I received in my room had yellow stains... ugh. I don't even want to think about what that is. The toilet wasn't clean... and breakfast felt just tossed together. Basically, I came away feeling like the place doesn't strive for excellence... they just do enough to get by. After this last stay, I just can't see myself returning here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks you for your feedback. We apology for your inconvenience. Our personnel strives to keep the hotel facilities in the best possible light. We appreciate the your feed back.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I couldn't stop myself from writing a review after my stay at the Quality Inn last weekend with my church group. We reserved our rooms ahead of time. Upon our arrival, the desk clerk had the keys made and the check-in paperwork ready, which made the check-in very quick. He had allocated the rooms according to our preferences. After a few minutes, he called to make sure if everything was okay. The beds were very nice and comfortable.The house keeping staff was very friendly. The breakfast had many healthy items to choose from. The morning desk clerk was very friendly and she asked about our stay, and she made sure we weren't having any problems. The whole property was very quiet, peaceful, and clean. I definitely felt like it was a great value. My family, my church group, and I were satisfied with all the hotel had to offer. Every year we have this convention, and we've already decided to stay here next year. I strongly recommend this hotel to others because my overall experience was awesome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for your business and positive comments regarding your stay. We will strive to provide the experience of being your "home away from home" to all our guests. We appreciate the your feed back and hope to see you again very soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went down to Atlanta this past weekend with a couple friends. They stayed in another room I stayed in one by myself. First of all the Hotel is in a good location in Duluth near lots of shopping and attractions. The hotel was however between poor and average overall. The bad: My room had a microwave and frig in it. The microwave did not work. Also the alarm clock did not work. One of the table lamps next to the desk by the TV did not work due to a faulty outlet. The bath towels appeared a little dirty, probably due to a bad washing machine or one that was overloaded. The AC was tricky, it seemed either the room was too cold or too hot, could not get the air adjusted perfectly for my comfort. The rooms and hotel in general I think needs to be remodeled. Lots of the security features did not work: The electronic card lock to get onto our floor from outside the floor did not work, the door to my room did not close automatically when left open due to a bad closure. The gentleman behind the service desk was friendly but I was annoyed at the fact that the fitness center he said closes at 10pm even though the guest services manual in the room states that it is open 24 hours a day. The good: The room was inexpensive. My advice would be if you are on a budget, this is a fair place to stay, but there are about a half a dozen hotels next to this one that cost a little more and are a whole lot nicer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comment and we are sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfied. We are trying strive to provide the experience of being your "home away from home" to all our guests. We appreciate the your feed back and hope to see you again to give a chance to serve you better.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I needed to go to Atlanta at the last minute and found the Quality Inn in Duluth. The price was extremely reasonable, both for the room and parking. My room on the third floor was excellent, and was very quiet. The bed was really comfortable, I almost overslept! The staff was helpful, and happy to provide assistance finding directions, etc, around town.

The hotel is on a small street in Duluth. It is close to everything (shops, restaurants, etc) but away from the main road. My trip was just one night, but I could easily imagine spending a few nights here and feeling more than comfortable. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SS373
We are happy to hear that your stay was excellent. We will strive to provide the experience of being your "home away from home" to all our guests. We appreciate the your feed back and hope to see you again very soon.