All reviews black woman marriott standards front desk clean property check in was smooth great visit great weekend checking out staff was friendly room rate comfortable beds nice stay outdoor pool stayed one night fitness center energy center great place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As someone who travels solo for work a lot, it's always so lovely to have a warm welcome at the front desk. Robin (I think that's her name) was kind, funny and put a smile on my face after a long day of travels. The room was simple and clean, all I needed for the night. I went to the Bistro for dinner and Terry was wonderful. My margarita pizza was delicious and he was super friendly and ensured I was a happy customer. I feel that both Terry and Robin go above and beyond to ensure that the guests were happy. Terry was the only person working that evening and he was attentive to everyone's needs. I felt at home at the hotel and felt true hospitality through these staff members. Great place to stay :)

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019

Stayed here for business while in the area. The hotel is slightly dated but was very clean, great location, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Had the breakfast rate, breakfast at the hotel was very good. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

I arrived way early for check in and was given a room on the “terrace” level- meaning ground level with sliding doors. I was fine...tired and fine. I went to the room and it was clear someone had smoked in the room. I immediately left the room and informed the front desk woman (I’m sorry I didn’t get her name. She was great). I told her I was fine checking in later and while I didn’t hate the terrace level, as a woman traveling alone I’d prefer an enclosed room. They couldn’t have been more gracious. Fast forward after a full day of work.... I arrive to check in again and the line was long. I told the woman (a different woman) that I had already checked in but my room wasn’t ready. I didn’t detail the smoking... me rejecting the room part. She knew about my situation and had my keys all ready. Super easy and score another one for Marriott for transferring the info to the next shift, if you will. Fast forward, I’m exhausted and decided to get takeout from the bistro. That woman who gave me my keys (again I’m sorry I didn’t catch her name- for hotel management...a lovely black woman with short stylish gray hair❤️ in case I can give her props) stopped by my table and said.... is your room better? I understood your first room was unacceptable! LIKE WHAT? This is a big Courtyard and I was so shocked that she remembered me. A really nice customer service experience!! Also the ladies at the Bistro had great personalities and were super helpful! I just stayed at a Courtyard in Orange County, CA last week and these ladies were amazing comparatively!!! Also the room is spotless and bed so comfy I may not stay awake long enough to finish this review:)

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2019

Staff here are excellent and very easy to work with. the staff are very friendly and accommodating. my wedding guests were very comfortable staying here. we had a blast in one of their event rooms! the bartenders are great! thank you for a great weekend!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Location is nice, price is descent and staff is nice.

The staff may seem impatient in a way, however they are super nice and will love to help. My checkin experience is very nice!!

Couple things that I have some concern:
1) Not really realized elite status
2) Several Card key deteriorate within a day. (not working within 2hours after we check in)
3) Sofa does have dust on it. (but cleaner than other budgeted hotel)

Room tip: Rooms with window facing inside is much better.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Nichole B, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Duluth/Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Atlanta - Duluth/Gwinnett Place. Your feedback will be shared with the team, and used as a way to always improve upon service, and guest expectations. Your Elite Status is very important to us, and I apologize we did not recognize this. We will also check-our key system for more reliable service, as well as share your housekeeping issue as a trainable moment.

We do appreciate your loyalty to Marriott, and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area!