Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
$109
GardenInn.com
$109
Hampton.com
Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$82
BestWestern.com
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
$149
$104
Travelocity
All reviewsart barfront deskgrapevine restaurantbreakfast buffetthe entire staffvery nice hotelgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againgreat customer servicerooms were very cleanbusiness tripbusiness travelerthe room was niceduluth areabed was very comfortablefitness centerenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta used to be a Marriott. I was disappointed to discover the Marriott had been replaced. I wanted to use my Marriott points. I stayed anyway. Rooms are fine, everything the same. EXCEPT the A/C was INADEQUATE. On that score I was miserable, because I could never get cool enough. I should have called the front desk but I didn't so I don't know if it was just that room, or if the hotel had become miserly. I would hesitate to stay here again for that reason, but I would call and discuss first. Maybe it was just a fluke.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Hi Merrytime: Thank you for your feedback. You are correct and we previously were a Marriott. Sonesta purchased the hotel in May 2013 and have renovated the hotel along with upgrading many of the services. Sonesta does have a rewards program called Travel Pass which offers our members free stays at our hotels and offers additional perks. i do apologize about the HVAC issue. It is a fluke and it should not have happened. One of our top priorities is guest comfort and I am sorry we fell short. I assure you this will not happen again! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Updated and comfortable. Nice amenities. Good value. Very comfortable bed. Good work surfaces for business travel. Food quality good. Room service fast and friendly. Chocolate cake dessert memorable!! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Hi Jim M: Thank you for your response. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and 45th Anniversary. We look forward to hosting your 50th.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were there the weekend of August 15th of this year (2014) and had a delightful time. The interior of the main floor welcomes you to what turned out to be very relaxing. The food was very good; in fact, much better than we thought of a hotel. Our room had the temp frozen on heat and it felt like an oven since we could not get the air conditioning to work properly. After a call to the front desk and a visit by the maintenance team, we were immediately moved to a room on the 14th out of 17 floors. The AC was turned on before we were at this new room and it was very comfortable.
The banquet we attended, social hour before and dancing after, was handled in a very professional manner as we celebrated the 45th reunion of our area high school. The coordinator has already had preliminary talks for the 50th reunion.
The staff was charming and treated you like you were number one in their book.
This is a must stay hotel if you are in the Atlanta (GA) area.

Room Tip: Be sure everything is in working order before unpacking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim M
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Hi Jim M: thank you for your feedback. Great to hear you were celebrating your 45th reunion and had a great time. I apologize about the AC issue and having to relocate to another room. We have fixed the issue and appreciate you making us aware of it. We look forward to hosting your 50th reunion and seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The night engineers, John and Randy are the best. They were so helpful. They went above and beyond with service. They were more than helpful and very pleasant. These men need an award or plaque. We also have had great service from the front desk. They're so accommodating and hospitable here. Daisy is more than sweet.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! My Husband and I stayed for several days while celebrating our one year anniversary. The hotel was extremely accommodating. The service was spectacular from the moment we checked in until we checked out. I am very particular about cleanliness and the rooms passed my expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable. The food was also delicious! Most importantly I appreciated that we had the chance to purchase champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to help make our special occasion more memorable. I look forward to staying here again when ever I'm in the Atlanta area!

• Stayed: May 2014
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Tashena 22: Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special occasion. We appreciate your feedback and I have shared your note with our entire staff. They are grateful that we were able to play a part for your special occasion. We look forward to seeing you on your 2 year anniversary.