“Anniversary Trip!”

Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! My Husband and I stayed for several days while celebrating our one year anniversary. The hotel was extremely accommodating. The service was spectacular from the moment we checked in until we checked out. I am very particular about cleanliness and the rooms passed my expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable. The food was also delicious! Most importantly I appreciated that we had the chance to purchase champaign and chocolate covered strawberries to help make our special occasion more memorable. I look forward to staying here again when ever I'm in the Atlanta area!

• Stayed: May 2014
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Tashena 22: Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special occasion. We appreciate your feedback and I have shared your note with our entire staff. They are grateful that we were able to play a part for your special occasion. We look forward to seeing you on your 2 year anniversary.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel is very clean, the staff is wonderful. A true sense of pride is felt by every employee you come in contact with. A strong company and family feel. Great atmosphere and well kept facility. Location is wonderful and the price is right.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James B
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

James B: Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I do agree that our entire team has a sense of pride and family. Sonesta is an incredible company and our culture of caring is our primary focus every day. We look forward to your next visit, and I look forward to meeting you upon your arrival.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The staff was very friendly & welcoming. The renovations are nice. I especially liked the lobby where there are all sorts of sitting areas with tables for business introductions & informal meetings. The price was more than reasonable. The hotel was clean--a real preference for me. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Hi Kate C: Great to hear your enjoyed the Sonesta and our services. We have received great compliments about our lobby and its interactive component. The lobby is a our guests first impression of the hotel and it is great to know our guests are enjoying it. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Sonesta hotel in Duluth, GA does make an effort to uphold good standards, and that's why I rated it "Average" instead of "Poor".However, it missed the mark for me and my husband while staying there (July 26 - July 29 of 2014). Although updates have been recently done to this hotel, it still fell short for me. The walls are paper thin (we could hear full conversations from the room next door to us), bathrooms could still use a little more updating. However, I can say the staff was very friendly and helpful! However, the food quality was not good at all! And unfortunately, I saw a small roach crawling on the bed the afternoon before our last day. That alone left a very unpleasant view of this hotel for me. Because where there is one, there may be more of them. Like I said, the hotel does make efforts. However, we will not return to this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Akissi J: Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I apologize for your concerns and would like to get more information from you if possible. Can you email me at dkohlasch@sonesta.com. We are very proactive in our pest control procedures and I would like to discuss with you along with finding out more about your food experience. Thank you and I look forward to talking with you.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Recently stayed there for a 1 day meeting with my employer, from the minute I entered the business until the minute I departed, the customer service was outstanding. The delightful staff is in comparison to the beautiful hotel. The rooms were super clean and I felt SAFE. I most definitely plan to utilize this hotel in the near future when I return to visit the city of Atlanta. I was very well impressed and please with Sonesta. I have refereed my family and friends to "SONESTA SONESTA" smile!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tangela P
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Hi Tangela P: Thanks for your great feedback. Great to hear you loved our guest rooms. Our renovation is just about complete, and we have received very positive feedback from our guests. Guest safety is also our top priority and great to hear you felt this. Duluth, GA. was just ranked the 6th safest city in the state and we are very proud of this. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you need to stay in the Gwinnett Mall area, I recommend this as a great option for a full-service hotel. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, and the hotel has many of the full-service features that other lcal options lack, such as a gift shop, a great sit-down restaurant with full bufft breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner, plus a bar for late night snacks and a higher end steak restaurant. There is also other options right across the street(Bahama Breeze, Joes Crab Shack).

I have stayed ther twice in the last few months and they have been very accommodating with late checkouts, as well as picking me up at a rental car location down the street when I dropped off my rental. Rooms are spacious, clean and functional. It is no five-star hotel, but for the business traveler, it is a convenient and friendly option!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Lynkia: Thank you. Our staff prides itself on our guest service and it is so nice to hear you experienced this. We are the top rated full service hotel in Gwinnett County and we do offer many options to our guests. Great to see that you enjoy this. I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We conducted a Global sales meeting for about 75 folks and everyone stayed at the Sonesta. The rooms were great, the beds were comfortable, the food was outstanding and the service was "Professional and Top Notch" I would highly recommend anyone who wants to stay at a quality hotel to stay at this one.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi Steve F: Thank you for your review. Great to hear our team delivered a great experience.
As you may know, we have just completed a renovation of the hotel and it is great to hear your comments about the beds and guest room. I have shared your feedback with our entire team and everyone appreciates it! Thank Youl. We are looking forward to your next visit.