“flawless event”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Boston, Massachusetts
“flawless event”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just returned from a 3 day conference at the hotel and must admit I was very impressed.
The hotel in itself is a nice full service hotel. What makes it special is the attention of the staff.
From check in to check out I got the feeling being very well taken care of. My room was located
on the 17th floor with breath taking views over the morning sunrise. Way to start the day.
The event planning was flawless and executions superb. The breaks as well as the lunch where
delicious. Overall solid and unexpected. I will defiantly try to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris W
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a successful meeting and enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with our staff as they really are the heart and soul of this property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed there 19 days for training it was great! staff was great and very pleasant the breakfast buffet was great Skaets was great and so was the lounge Skip was very helpful and so was Sinead looking forward to returning

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I am glad that so many of our employees made such a great impression and that you enjoyed so many of our great amenities. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited for weekend. Groupon had great rate for room. Hotel staff friendly. Loved the resort style feel with indoor and outdoor pools and workout area. Breakfast was good with omelet station. Rooms were very clean. Will visit here again. Restaurants on site plus afew off site restaurants in walking distance. This is a high traffic areas. Stores nearby for shopping or if you forget something.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the Groupon offer. Please be on the lookout for more great offers through the holidays. We look forward to serving you again.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I made reservations at Sonesta for two nights via Groupon for the Joyce Meyers Conference 2013. Little did I know this find was more than economical and convenient to the Gwinnett Center! All of the "preferred" amenities were already full; yet Sonesta was a gem hiding among the rest. I arrived late for check-in the first night due to the conference, and was a bit worried since I made my reservations via a third party site. However, there were NO issues or concerns!! The front counter was still well staffed, the on-site bar was still open, the staff were perky and cheerful as though it was 10AM, and the parking was close and clean. The staff was so helpful with deciding a late night munchies, and directions to open eateries. I chose take-out at the bar, opted for the meatloaf sandwich and went back again the next night. They even have wake-up calls the old fashioned way. Although the property is not that big, I got a little lost and confused getting to the parking area via the south exit. Not a problem for the staff that called security who chaperoned me back on track AND to the exit safely in my car. The bar had a "Cheers" appeal with locals watching big screens and at game tables. The rooms were spacious, clean, and equipped with a fridge and microwave. With a late check-out on the last day I was able to grab "UN-continental" breakfast prior to the conference; as the cook to order omelettes, and cruise worthy options could not have been better!! This was absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, and the restaurants, staff, food, courtesy, convenience, and cleanliness placed them above the rest!! Bravo!!

Room Tip: Request the wing on the opposite end of the bar for less foot action at night. Higher floors have le...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
WOW! Thank you for such great feedback. I am glad that you found us and hope that you will come back and see us again if you are in the area for pleasure or if you attend the conference again.
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Formerly a Marriott property, Sonesta will not disappoint you. They still have the same staff and the service is incredible. One of the changes is JW's Steakhouse is now Skaets (steak spelled backwards). My husband and I ate there while staying at the Sonesta and it is, by far, the best steakhouse in the area. We loved it and plan to dine there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Third floor has balconies for smokers. All other rooms are non-smoking. We've stayed here a lot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your Sonesta experience. We are very excited about our new brand and look forward to more exciting changes to come!
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Sonesta is a large hotel with a very busy conference center. It is convenient to the Gwinnett Mall and the Gwinnett Center. The weekend we were there the hotel hosted a class reunion and a VFW convention. The rooms were spacious, had a comfortable bed and had a mini-fridge. All spaces of the hotel were clean. The staff was competent, but not in a rush. If you need a luggage, expect to have someone do it for you. Parking was a bit of a challenge with two events occurring. All in all, kind of like a full service Marriott.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
What an honor to get get such a good review from such a senior reviewer! Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will join us again if you are in the Duluth area.
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nites during the Ga. American Legion Auxiliary's Fall Conference. First to greet us were doormen, then front desk. Earlier Reservations gave my requested room near the elevator and be sure to ask for the AARP or AAA rate. Thru out my stay, all staff proved great with directions, and explanations of their restaurants. A requested blanket & coffee, was in my room almost immediately. Larry, our floor supervisor, went out of his way to get us extra condiments for the coffee, and filled my ice bucket. He was a gentleman lst class and an employee the hotel should recognize. He was very service oriented. Their Steak House was cold and drafty and service was great but food arrival extremely slow for the low patronage on a Saturday nite. Order a thick ribeye, med. rare and the onion soup; charred outside just right, with juicy inside. Marinated mushrooms too strong & salty, but they subbed for a wedge salad, and these were comped.
Front desk check in and out was friendly & fast. Carpet in my room needed shampooed. Pillows & mattresses just right. Never could get the thermostat to work ok & heard this from other fellow members, so request a blanket. Will definitely stay here again. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars, was lack of extra blanket in room & the carpet issue.

Room Tip: When you make reservations, request whatever you want. They will try their best to accommodate. This...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of the amenities that we offer, as I know how busy you are during these meetings. I hope you will be back for your meeting next year as I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the updates we have planned.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
#66 of 173 in Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!