WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wedding weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The front desk was friendly and helpful upon our check in on Friday. There was a minor issue with our room and Mo was so friendly and helpful with correcting the issue. She upgraded our room to the Concierge level with a beautiful view of Duluth. I love great hotels with great service and your hotel has exceeded my expectations. The king bed was so refreshing. We were so conveniently located to the venue for our friends wedding and that's a plus with Atlanta's traffic. Great times this wedding weekend !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 504WhoDat
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to let Mo know that she was instrumental in your enjoyable weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

So the Sonesta outside Atlanta is an Old Mariott, but was recently renovated. Looks about 5-8 years old on the renovation and was very clean. It is an Executive hotel with a very large meeting area that is more for Conventions than vacations. The front desk and staff was VERY accommodating. The indoor/ outdoor pool was nice, but COLD. The room service was very affordable and Very Convenient.

the breakfast Buffet downstairs was AWESOME. and it was fairly priced.

Room Tip: floors 1-8 have 2 sets of elevators
1 Thank SUPERMARIO-NY
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I got a kick out of your title as we often are asked about the origin of the name Sonesta and enjoy telling the story. In the 1940’s, Abraham Sonnabend, called Sonny by his family, had a dairy farm in Holliston, Massachusetts among many other business ventures. He was a very successful farmer, but was also interested in other industries, and began venturing in to the hotel business. He and his wife Esther didn't know what to call their hotel, so they combined their names and Sonesta was created!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can win you back as a 5 next time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a wonderful night of rest after indulging in a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant. The king bed was so comfortable and relaxing. After a nights rest we dined in at another restaurant in the hotel that offered a wonderful breakfast buffet. The staff was excellent offering superb service throughout our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank G8R4EVA
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities! We are very excited about introducing Sonesta's Food is Art concept and it sounds like you enjoyed it as well. We change our menu in Kaets seasonally and have some great new additions. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review, I hope you will come back and see us soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first experience with a Sonesta Hotel, and I am hooked. From the moment I walked in the door to the registration desk and met a smiling face I knew this was going to be a better-than-expected experience. Hotel was very busy, but the person who checked me in chatted with me as if I was the only person in the hotel. The room was furnished luxuriously, and the grounds were immaculate and lovely. I did not get to take a dip in the lovely pool, but I did check out the exercise room which was complete with extremely high-end equipment. Maria, who checked me out, was very helpful, offering to give a later check-out time so I could tour other areas of the hotel. What a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed us as a Sonesta. I hope that you will come back and see us again if you are in the area.
Decatur, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff was so friendly at this Sonesta, I felt compelled to write about it on Trip Advisor. I purchased a Groupon deal (I got a tremendous price through this service btw) for a three night stay. My wife was traveling with me so we wanted and had specified a King sized bed. Unfortunately, the room had two full sized beds. When I requested a swap the front desk person, Joyce, had technical difficulty getting the new room. While we waited for the fix, she gave me free drinks in their bar and when the glitch was fixed she gave me a suite room for having to wait. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and professional. The breakfast bar is terrific and came with the Groupon offer. Bundle it if you can because it is worth it. The only negative I had was a noisy group next door on the last night.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I lenjoy being able to share the stories with our staff, and they love knowing they have left a good impression with our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. Be on the lookout for more great deals where you can enjoy our hospitality again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was having a sore throat, pains in my bones and joints from this flu I picked up the night before. I went for breakfast in the Sonesta Gwinnett Place in Atlanta and asked the lady at the entrance if I could get a chicken soup instead of the breakfast buffet since that soup would most likely make me feel better. She said they normally don't serve chicken soup at breakfast but was going to ask the chef. A few minutes later she came back with the reaction of the chef: no chicken soup. I was really disappointed with this reaction.
Another few minutes later this kind lady Sejla came to me asking whether I had asked for a chicken soup to which I answered affirmative. She just wanted to let me know that she just gave orders to the chef to make me the chicken soup.
Now that is what I call taking responsibility and pride in giving good service to your guests. You have the chicken and all the other ingredients. Why not help someone who can start feeling better because of the soup.
Thanks Selja, the chicken soup made me feel a lot better as you've probably noticed when I walked out!
Because Selja corrected what had initially gone wrong I still rank 5 them dots.

I also want to compliment Carmelita.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and that you left with a great impression of our staff. I love hearing stories like that. I have shared your review with our staff and use it as an example for all to follow. I'm Glad you are feeling better....there is nothing worse than being sick on the road.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I travel a lot. This time was for Catalyst 2013. The hotel was packed and can really stretch the staff pleasing so many during such a large event. They kept a smile on their face, always polite and will to go the extra mile. Thank you Daisy and Ashley for an easy and friendly check out and thanks for going out of your way to assist me this morning Temaran (go Miami Heat) Lisa Lupola Momentum Church Gulf Breeze, Florida

• Stayed October 2013