“Next to an elevator shaft Atlanta Ga. Room 926. Worst night sleep ever.”

Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
“Next to an elevator shaft Atlanta Ga. Room 926. Worst night sleep ever.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Around 5 am there was no more sleeping due to the crazy noise from the elevator. Complained to front desk, got a Sorry with a blank deer in the headlights look. You could not pay me to stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank focas777
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise that you heard. I would love the opportunity to talk to you further about this as room 926 is at the opposite end of the hallway from the elevators, so I am somewhat puzzled as to what the noise may have been. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to share more information.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2013

the entire staff was great. mo, an employee, was especially very helpful. nice lounge, rooms, and breakfast. i will stay here again!! when i arrived for a conference, i did not have a reservation. mo, at the front desk, was very helpful and within 5 minutes, i had a room. the rooms were very cozy and clean. the lounge was comfortable and inviting. breakfast was very good, buffet style or menu. i plan on staying at this location again next time i am in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is my first visit to the property, but if possible it won't be me last!

It is close (walking distance) to some great restaurants. Very clean. I only stayed here for the night but I was able to enjoy some great hospitality from the entire staff, including Maureen at the front desk.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that oversees the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 43015Steve
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After having a frustrating day with another Sonesta location in Atlanta, I called Sonesta in Gwinnett and Daisy and Riahnne were able to handle my transaction. Both Daisy and Riahnne took the time and provided excellent customer service, they were very pleasent and overall easy to talk to. I'm VERY BIG when it comes to customer service and they hit the nail on the head, I wish i could say the same for the Atlanta location. Next time Sonesta in Gwinnett is the first call im going to make.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheBadLee
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here with Army groups before and I can tell you the amenities and customer service are awesome. This used to be a Marriott and now that it is Sonesta the change was seamless from where I see it. Comfortable beds in clean cozy rooms. Clean indoor and outdoor pool, large spa. Fitness center! Two nice restaurants, a bar, concierge, excellent room service. Secure elevators. A mini-starbucks and gift shop/snacks/newsstand! easy access ATM. Internet access. Ample parking. Plenty of conference space. The weekend I returned without the group was even better in the quality of care. Quality and customer service are reflected in this hotel. I will return with my family and groups. Military friendly!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Wahkan
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Sonesta is located in a former Marriott so I was expecting it to be old and outdated however it had been completely renovated and is possibly BETTER than the Marriott was! Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Front desk is pleasant and seemed genuinely HAPPY to welcome us! The hotel is conveniently located close to I-85 as well as restaurants (Bahama Breeze, TGIF). They have a restaurant, lounge, pool and work-out room on premises too!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 8th floor providing a nice view of the grounds an plenty of privacy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wolffpak22
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First, I would like to say I am very picky on room comfort and cleanliness of hotels. This hotel exceeded all of our expectations. I had never heard of this hotel brand so I was a little skeptical about the type of accomodations we would receive. We were attending the Chick Fil A kickoff game in Atlanta and at first I thought I may have booked a hotel too far from the city, but it was actually the best decision we could have ever made. It was easy access right off of 85 surrounded by a lot of good eating places (Georgia Diner - is right next door and a must go to! They have sweet potato wedge fries w/ caramel dipping sauce that is out of this world)! Anyway, we arrived very early and to our surprise they allowed us to check-in. Ashley, one of the front desk associates was so helpful and kind. When we do go back to Atlanta we will definitely stay at the Sonesta at Gwinnett Place.

Room Tip: This hotel is a diamond in the rough...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rena D
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are so happy that you found your diamond in the rough! I am happy to hear that we were able to be a part of your fun weekend and that we made such an impression. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Ashley and the rest of the staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
#62 of 171 in Atlanta
Wyndham Garden Duluth
Wyndham Garden Duluth
#21 of 24 in Duluth

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!