“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
Atlanta
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times when it was a Marriott and liked it very much. So I was curious if it was still as nice since it changed owners to a Sonesta Hotel and it was! Customer service was excellent, the rooms were clean and very comfortable and it's a great location. I will definitely return.

4 Thank JenBeaches
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you came back and tried us as a Sonesta. We pride ourselves on even better service now! I appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful (front desk, house keeping, restaurant, and driver). The bed and bedding was inviting and comfortable, just like home. Good location to Gwinnett and I-85.

4 Thank BetsyOcean
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

On check in, Daisy, Jron and the very affable concierge were spot on with friendliness and service. The room's beds and other amenities surpassed our expectations - but the buffet was something to write, well, here about! It was a $25 buffet for half that price. Excellent top quality meats, freshest of fruit and staffed omelette bar. Didn't get his name, but the waiter was extremely friendly and professional. Kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool too. Thanks, Sonesta. You're hiring the right people and doing a great job!

6 Thank Tom F
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and love sharing the comments with our staff. They love to see their names in print! I hope you will join us again if you are going to be in the Duluth area.
Amelia island Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Best bed we have ever slept in. Also, the pillows were fantastic-wish I could buy one! Everyone was so friendly and accomadating. Barbara and Eric @ Buttons were terriffic. Certainly look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: We prefer high up/away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sunflower4967
Thank you for posting your review. I will share your comments with our team. We often get comments about the front desk staff, so when other departments are mentioned, it really goes a long way! I am glad to know you will be joining us again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Walking in to the hotel I didn't realize that it was no longer a Marriott! At check in Anne honored my Marriott Gold Elite status and gave my concierge lounge access and upgraded my room! I was very pleased with Anne going the extra mile to take care of my needs! She also signed me up for Travel pass rewards. The next morning was greeted by her smiling face when I was having breakfast in the lounge. Anne is a great asset to the hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Lee M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have recently traveled several times to the Atlanta area for work and have had a hard time finding a hotel that made me feel comfortable. I am a married woman traveling on business, and just wanted a nice, safe and a little luxurious hotel.. I have found it with the Sonesta Gwinnett Place in Duluth. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating! The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean! This is my hotel of choice for any future trips.

Room Tip: My bed faces the window and it overlooks the pool and is in the main tower. I love this room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Designermustravel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sonesta Gwinnett Place for his class reunion. The hotel is beautifully decorated - shiny floors nice furnishings, friendly staff and a smooth, quick check-in and check-out. Our room was immaculate, nicely decorated and very quiet. I did visit the hotel bar and it was wonderful as well. The grounds and pool & patio area were lovely. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad we were able to be part of your fun weekend. We love hosting reunions and seeing how excited everyone is to see each other. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in the Duluth area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
#47 of 178 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 373 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place
Residence Inn Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!