“Great property and great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta

Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
Atlanta
“Great property and great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed here severeal times and love the hotel. The room are clean and very comforatable. The food in the restaurants and room service is always great.

We are always greated with a smile and requests are usually granted from extra pillows, towels or room change if available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Selected this Marriott due to location (5 miles to a client location) but also a decent restaurant. Arriving late and didn't want to drive more to find a place to eat. JW was good. Great tomato soup, and as a vegetarian I selected three great sides. Good martini and nice wines by the glass. Typical Marriott room, reasonable C lounge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My second time at this Marriott, a great location just of I-85 and close to shopping and convention center. For this level of hotel, best in the area. Outstanding staff, that works harder than typical to help and make you feel welcome. Particular shout out to Daisy at front desk, who went above and beyond for us. Only reason I didn't give this a "5" was that our room was adjacent to a staff doorway, which slammed so hard (some unthinking houskeeping person, likely - and only on one evening) that picture over our bed rattled.

Room Tip: Bahama Breeze across the street is great place to hang out for dinner for the evening, particularly...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank billq-newburgh
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great hotel that became my home away from home for several weeks while on business. The lounge had enough to get me by most weekends without needing to go out to dinner. And if I was so inclined, the bar downstairs could keep me in the hotel. Location was pretty easy to get to as well. My only compliant would be the bath towels. Management could really do well by purchasing some fabric softener. Otherwise it was an awesome hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wunderlusting01
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Yesterday, I had to park a Hertz rental car at the Gwinnett Mariott, as the Hertz location I rented the car from was closed and unable to accept the returned car. There is a Hertz satellite office at this Marriott.

Unfortunately, I left my wallet in the car, and didn't realize until I was already at the airport for a flight that took off in an hour.

I immediately called the Marriot, and spoke with Rhianne, who listened to me while I freaked out, and then put me on hold to see what she could do. As it turns out, the Hertz employees on duty had already left for the day, and she was unsure how we could access the car.

Rhianne spoke with Daisy, her manager, and Daisy was able to find the keys to the car after a short search. Skip went to the car and found my wallet. When Rhianne called me back, knowing I was at the airport, she offered to provide a secure taxi service in order to get me the wallet. I was astounded not only that these people had put the effort in to find my wallet, but that they would go so above and beyond as to think of a way to get it to me.

I was not a guest at this hotel, and there was no reason for anyone to help me. My mom and dad went to get my wallet a short while later, and my mom took the attached picture of Daisy, Robert (another helpful person!) and Skip. She said it best when she sent me the picture: "You had angels on your side today!"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CRM8656
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
What a great story! I am the General Manager and had not even heard this yet. I think that this shows that actions such as this are second nature to our staff and they will do whatever they can to take care of anyone that walks through our doors. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to share this story. I will certainly pass it on to all of our staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed it
Daisy at the front desk gave outstanding customer service
Friendly staff
Nice room
Good restaurant - try the filet
I didn't workout but my buddy did and he said it was well equipped
Great location. Very convenient to lots of our clients in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate your feedback and we too think Daisy is great! I will share your comments with Daisy and all of our staff.
Fort Benning, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been to Marriott Hotels in other states, but this one out of the ones I've been to is so far the best. The staff, waiters/waitresses, and even the coordinator Mr. Kevin were polite and catered to the needs of their guests. I was in the group(Strong Bonds Retreat) alongside my husband and the weekend we were there is definately well worth it. This hotel is a 5 star and if the rating were higher I'd give it a 7. Pleasant people, pleasant food, pleasant place thank you for making my experience a memorable one. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda S
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay and our staff. We appreciate your comments and I will share them with everyone. We really enjoy working with Strong Bonds and know how important these get aways are. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for all you and your husband do for our country as well!