“Great place to stay”

Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just wanted to take a few mins to let u and your staff at the Gwinnett Marriott know what a great job they do. My husband and I decided to stay at your location for our anniversary and an early valentines. It was great the front end staff was wonderful the one who was the most help was a gentleman named Khan he was so friendly in helping us different places to eat and shop while we were here in Gwinnett. The room was great and clean. We had no problems. Wish there were more people like the man at the front desk keep up the great Job Mr. Khan and the Gwinnett Marriott

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Sandman6441
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really do have a great staff and Khan was actually our employee of the year, so I am happy to hear that he made such a great impression! I have shared your comments with our staff and hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had one of my worst travelling experiences ever with this hotel. I was travelling for business and was booked here by the company I was travelling for. I arrived at the hotel to find that billing had been messed up with the room reservation, ultimately resulting in both me and the company getting billed the full amount for the room and being given the run-around trying to get things fixed.

I also tried ordering room service, only to spend nearly half an hour of calling a nonresponsive room service line before some employee randomly walked by their phone and took a message to have them call my room back, which took another 10 minutes.

The room itself was clean and the beds comfortable, but with such horrible service I will definitely not stay in this hotel ever again and will have second thoughts about staying at another Marriott again. Their staff didn't even pretend to empathize with my problem, let alone offer to do anything about it. I'm glad I was only staying here overnight!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AnonymousTraveller34

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. As you can see from the majority of our reviews, this is not the norm, so it was very disappointing and we do take your feedback very seriously. I would love to get more feedback from you so that I can address this with our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to share more about your stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Im rating this hotel strictly as my experience traveling for business. Rooms were a good size. Room also had a balcony. Hotel was clean, well kept and and the staff were friendly. The front desk even gave me free wi-fi when it wasn't part of my reservation.

They have 2 restaurants and one bar in the hotel. The first was a steakhouse. Decent food, not the absolute best but for a Marriott I appreciate the effort. The other is breakfast and lunch Buffett. Very good and affordable. There is a bar but I didn't make it down.

There is also a gym here and an outdoor pool. Downstairs in the lobby you have access to computers and a printer to check into your flights and print boarding passes. Also offer express check out in the AM.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. And ask for the wi-fi code, they will likely give it to you at no add...
Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamieP51

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and were able to take advantage of a number of our amenities. I hope that you will chose our hotel again if your business travels bring you back to the Duluth area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

A friend and I shared a room for one night while in Atlanta for a concert. We knew that our time in the room would be limited so we just wanted clean, comfortable and close proximity to Wild Bill's. I got the room through Priceline and bid and won it for $70 and with added fees it was $87.62. We arrived and had no problem getting a double occupancy, non smoking room. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The parking is not great. Some of the parking is very far away from the main lobby entrance. The noise level got loud and I was awakened several times because the doors slam shut. You can hear people coming in all through the night and they must have been drinking because the were loud. The other thing they hotel did and never told me was that a $25.00 hold would be placed on my debit card. I gave a credit card for incidentals when I arrived but was only informed about the hold when I checked out. They didn't say how long it would take but my guess is that it will be 7-10 days. Check out was at noon and that was nice and the staff was very nice. We spent the next day doing some great shopping at Perimeter Mall. And we had a nice lunch at Alon. The chicken ceasar salad was great.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. It looked out over the pool. View was fine. Slamming door noise startle...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and the concert! I do apologize for the noise issues and the issue with the hold on your debit card. I have reviewed this with our staff and appreciate that you brought it to our attention. I know there are some great concerts coming to the Gwinnett Arena in 2013 and hope that you will consider us again for your accommodations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love Marriotts. I have always enjoyed every Marriott I have stayed at. Just like every Marriott, the rooms were wonderful, the bed, pillows and blankets were comfortable and the hotel was clean. I always trust that I will have a pleasant experience at a Marriott, and they lived up to my expectations at this hotel. The staff at this hotel was very friendly and they had a nice bar area near the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lenore R
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were here for a hockey tournament. Hotel staff were not very accommodating of the kids. They were inflexible on breakfast even though our game times did not allow us to use the buffet. Food was expensive - not really an inexpensive option on site, although the diner across the street was very good. The room was damp and difficult to get warm. The bathroom door needed a fresh coat of paint.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kdjf
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Rooms here were great, so comfy nice showers and large TVs the staff is okay but a little cranky at times in regard to the places to park, but really anon issue unless you have a large vehicle. Great security and the location is wonderful. It is close to most north ATL attractions and malls and lots of choice to eat nearby. Traffic is bad in this area during am and pm rush so plan accordingly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business