“Good Family oriented Italion”

Verra-Zanno Pizzeria
Ranked #172 of 434 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Atlanta
“Good Family oriented Italion”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just a good solid Italian restaurant. Good food, great service. Family owned restaurant. Good sized portions. Garlic Knots are a must for an appetizer. I eat here about once a month

Visited April 2013

Duluth, Georgia
“Good Local Restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Verra-Zanno Pizzeria is located int the West John's Creek Village Shopping Center. We eat there at least once a week and enjoy their food and service. The wait staff is very attentive and always keep checking to insure our meal is as expected. We especially enjoy their salads.
I would recommend this local restaurant for good food and service.

• Visited May 2013
Fair Play, South Carolina
“Just another pizza joint”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Verra-Zanno's is clean, convenient, and very average. I eat here with my girlfriend about once a month when we can't think of anywhere else to go. We usually get a large Greek salad, the deluxe meat "gourmet" pizza, and a pitcher of beer. About 50% of the time the beer's not cold enough and the pizza's not hot enough. The waiters are friendly and the service is usually pretty good, but unfortunately there just isn't anything special about the place. The only booths they have are large enough to seat about eight people, so if it's just the two of us, it's not at all cozy. All things considered, you may want to consider going elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
Georgia
“Review of Verra-Zanno Pizzeria”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I tried Verra-Zanno in an attempt to get a impression of what Joe’s New York Pizza on Mansell Road will be like when it opens for business. According to reports, the two are establishments are owned by the same person.

In terms of atmospheric, first impressions, I liked the openness of the environment at Verra-Zanno. The tables are big and accommodating. I could not determine what the noise level would be on a typical afternoon or evening as we were the only ones in the place except for a few employees.

Our order consisted of a of garlic knots appetizer, cheese pizza and a cheese calzone. The garlic knots were somewhat crunchy on the outside; airy and soft on the inside. They were tasty and served with a very good tomato sauce that was neither too bitter or two sweet. As marinara sauces go, Verra-Zanno’s is better than most. The garlic knots had an inner texture more reminiscent of a dinner roll than pizza dough but this did not detract from their flavor and enjoyable edibility.

Some features of the pizza were notable but not exceptional. Other reviewers complaining about the non-descript crust were definitely paying attention. The crust is characterless. It was also too thin for my preference and it definitely detracted from the overall impression of the pie despite the pleasant flavor symmetry of sauce and cheese. I would describe the amount of mozzarella atop the pizza on the light to moderate side. If you don’t care about either the flavor or the density of the crust, this pizza may still draw your admiration. Personally, I consider the pizza from Verra-Zannos considerably overrated.

I preferred the calzone to the pizza. Somehow, the same dough that detracted from the pizza, actually served to enhance the calzone. The size of the calzone was sufficient and the cheese filling was well portioned. Even though I prefer a thicker calzone crust, the slightly thinner shell would not prevent me from ordering Verra-Zanno’s version. It was a very good rendition.

Our server was very pleasant and I would rate the service as C+ overall. We asked the waitress for a couple of minutes to decide and after an excessive amount of time elapsed, we ended up signaling for her attention as she had apparently forgotten about us. I would rate the overall value as average to slightly below, especially considering the amount of crust and cheese on the pizza. The quality and flavor of the calzone and garlic knots were worth the price.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average pizza for lunch”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went there for lunch and had the lunch special, salad and 1 slice. The salad was good, but the pizza was dry and fairly tasteless. It is hard to mess up pizza, but this one was not very good.