“A special find . . . in Duluth.”

Roma Italiano Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 458 Restaurants in Duluth
Reviewed July 25, 2015

During each of our trips to Italy, my wife and I look for quaint family run restaurants. They tend to have a wonderful history and delicious food from recipes handed down from generation to generation. Well, we discovered such a place in Duluth. We were just introduced to Italiano Ristorante this evening by friends, not in Italy, but right here in our own back yard.

We were in Italy last September where we enjoyed many wonderful meals. However, none of what we enjoyed there was any better than what we experienced this evening in Duluth at Italiano Ristorante.

The food was exceptional and the service was warm and very attentive. Prices are extremely reasonable and we were very pleased with what we received for what we paid. Truly, the pricing is refreshing.

Because it is family owned, Italiano Ristorante is the type of restaurant you truly enjoy supporting and calling your own. Family owned and operated, the family, originally from Sicily, does a wonderful job of making you feel very much at home. One of the best things is that you don't have to dress up to have a very tasty meal. You are invited to come and enjoy great food in a casual atmosphere. I wore shorts this evening . . . as did others. This was a wonderfully relaxing place go for a very pleasant evening.

Everything at Italiano Ristorante is fresh, homemade, and delicious. And, one thing you can count on while there is that at least one family member is busy making something wonderful in the kitchen. As good as the food, is the warm personal service that you enjoy.

Enjoy this special restaurant the next time you are craving good Italian food.

3  Thank TomRossAtlanta

Reviewed July 25, 2015

My wife saw the review of this restaurant in the Gwinnett Daily Post, so we tried it out for lunch on Saturday. We'll probably need to go back to get a fuller perspective, as I wasn't up for pasta at the time However, here is the review base don what we ordered.

First, service was very good. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. We got some fried zucchini as an appetizer. Their version is short sticks, batter-fried. These were quite good, especially with the marina sauce (which tasted quite fresh; just the right amount of basil too). The only suggestion would be to offer some ranch-type dressing as an alternative, but the marinara was so good they can probably get by as-is.

I just had a garden salad, but it was loaded with ingredients. I managed to finish it, but only just. My wife had a salmon dish; she liked the salmon okay, but liked the side dishes (mashed potatoes + asparagus) even more.

The wine selection seemed a bit limited, but the Pinot Grigio I got was good. They just opened, so maybe they are still working out the wines.

I noted that they had a brick oven in the corner of the dinging room and a large stack of firewood on one end of their patio; I meant to ask if that was more decorative or if it was a usable pizza oven.

My only worry is that this location has seen constant turn-over for literally 15+ years. It has probably been at least 3 - 4 iterations of restaurants since we last ate there, but from what we saw Roma at least has a decent chance to break the streak.

I think we'll be back to try more; I will update the rating once we try some additional dishes. Recommended.

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed July 9, 2015

We pass this place everyday on our way home, today we stopped so glad we did. The owner seated us, was so personable. Large selection of dinner choices. They start you out with homemade garlic rolls with sauce. They were wonderful, We also ordered the fried mozzarella appetizer-soo good we were fighting over the last bite :).

They are also open for lunch with a different menu which we realize now we will have to go back to try.

The portions are huge but are so good my husband and I could not stop eating no matter how full we were :).
They have a wonderful dessert selection. I recommend the gelato.

They have a kids menu, wood brick oven for their homemade pizzas, and looks like they would be able to make room for larger size groups if needed. They have outside seating also. The staff new the menu items, made sure to check on us just all around great place.

My husband had the veal parmesan, I had the Frutta Di Mare Alla Romana ( Shrimp, Mussels, Clams, Calamari, and fish of the day simmered in white wine, saffron and tomato sauce, served over linguini) Highly recommended!

3  Thank Chrissy D
Reviewed July 2, 2015

Had great food and huge portions. Some of our party had the mussels and said they were delicious and was all other food, including the little gatlic breads we started with.
All food is cooked fresh and you can see them making pasta and pizzas. It needs some Italian music playing in the background and perhaps more wall art.

Reviewed June 14, 2015

We have patiently waited for Roma to open and it was worth the wait. Roma opened about 2 weeks ago in the Peachtree Hill Shopping Center and features a wood fired oven and made from scratch menu items. Franky, the owner, proudly showed us the oven which he imported from Italy. We only wanted a light meal, so the two of us tried 2 flat breads, the Rustico featuring home made sausage, roasted peppers, grilled onion, ricotta, marinara, fresh basil, mozzarella, and pepperoncini calabrese and the chicken, spinach, and bacon flat bread which included mozzarella and provolone cheese. They were both delicious. We split a Caesar salad, which was plenty for two for a starter. They offer delicious garlic knots with the salad. Roma has a nice Italian wine selection, and the waiter's recommendation of a pinot grigio was a good one. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We will definitely return to try one of the more substantial pasta, seafood, or meat entrees, the pizza from the wood fired oven, as well as one of the homemade desserts.

1  Thank Sachisco