“Awesome food, poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Cafe - CLOSED

Park Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A contemporary American restaurant. Bold flavors, creative pairings, beautiful setting, an urban outpost.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could just write about the terrific food and warm intimate setting. But to do so would not be fair to my TA commitment to be "fair and balanced". The food was great, Fried Green Tomatoes were the best I've ever had. The steak and salmon dishes were both perfectly done with an amazing amount of flavor. The setting in old downtown Duluth in a turn of the century house is very romantic. Everything was perfect... Well almost. Though it was a quiet weeknight, the server with only three tables seemed stretched to her human limits. Forgetting the bread, not checking in frequently enough caused a tarnish on an otherwise perfect night. When she did finally bring the check, she said "no rush". That seemed to be the theme of the night! The food was so good, we agreed to return in hopes it was an off night. The only other point is that it's a bit on the pricey side, but I feel it was well worth it. Great date night location. Hope the service is improved next time!

Madison
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Spring Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The restaurant is located in a old southern home, which made the dining experience charming. The food was very good, I had the stuffed trout and my spouse had the the steak. Only problem with food, especially the steak, it was a small portion. We dined on the deck outside which could used a little upgrading. It over looked a court yard which made the dining experience charming. The service was really good until the end, when the waitress brought the bill and we used an establishment approved discount coupon for the dinner the waitress was very rude.

Visited March 2014
Duluth, Ga.
“Nice neighborhood dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food has always been good and stable. The two items I like the most are their Cesar salad and fried green tomatoes. I could just eat that. Their salmon is also very good and they do not over cook it. They have a good selection of wines also. I do wish they would add more new items as some of the selections get stale after a few years.

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont Waste your Time & Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Don't Waste your Time & Money. First - VERY NOISY! - Hard to even talk.
Service was SLOWWWWWWW! Waitress did apologize, and said it would be free. However was still on bill when presented. Waitress attitude not great. Informed her earlier that one of the party was having birthday. At the end of the meal, instead of a desert, was presented with a $10 certificate for next visit. (I think it is for sale for $5) Unanimous of 5 in party no one will return.
Food: Appetizer (3 cheese was good). I ordered a Shepherds Pie @$19. Had about $17 of Mashed Potatoes, and Tasteless. Kept saying - Where's the Beef? - Next time for Beef - Burger King.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Al G
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Always a good meal in a cozy atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Although we had not eaten at Park Cafe in several months, my wife and I consider it to be one of our favorite local restaurants. Our latest meal there did not disappoint us. We started with a delicious flatbread appetizer, accompanied with a nice bottle of French Chardonnay (Louis Letour?). My wife had the Shrimp and Spinach dinner salad, while I opted for the dinner special Mussels with Basmati rice and vegetables. While my wife's dinner was well prepared, there was nothing unique about it. However, my mussels entree was prepared exceptionally well prepared and I hope to see it on the menu again. We finished our meal with two freshly-brewed cups of coffee and the bread pudding "bananas Foster." Our server, Patrick, was outstanding!

• Visited January 2014