“Good food, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Cafe - CLOSED

Park Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A contemporary American restaurant. Bold flavors, creative pairings, beautiful setting, an urban outpost.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Six of us went to the Park Cafe for a Saturday night pre-concert dinner (Eddie Owens presents Randall Bramblett at the Red Clay Theater - Awesome!). First time visit for all of us and we all left very satisfied with our meal and experience. Our reservations were for 6PM and we were seated immediately upon arrival. Started with Pork Belly, Baked goat cheese and fried green tomatoes with a bottle of White from a Georgia winery. All three starters were well presented, delicious and plenty for the six us. For the entree I ordered the chef special, duck leg and my date ordered the Tilapia. I found the duck to be cooked to perfection and the fish had a wonderful flavor. Other items ordered were the Shrimp and grits, meat loaf and the pork tenderloin along with a bottle of French red. My fellow dinners had nothing but praise for their meals and I did notice no one offered to share. We were so full after the meal that no one opted for dessert though several items were tempting. Our waitress Melissa did a great job keeping the water glasses topped up, Will request her when we return. The excellent rating is due to the fact that the group is made up of 'experienced' diners and the Park Cafe received a thumbs up from everyone.

• Visited March 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Pre-Concert Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a beautiful evening and they were able to seat us outside. There were 6 of us having dinner before going to the Red Clay Theater down the street for a concert. This was a great pre-concert dinner spot as we only had to park once. The food was excellent. I had the Tilapia, others at the table tried the special, which was a risotto with duck. All were in agreement that it was a fantastic meal with a great view of the Duluth Town Green. The tables on the covered patio were spaced well apart and it was quiet enough to easily hear one another. Our server was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2013
atlanta
“Just very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went on Friday the 15th, after making an early reservation so that I could make a local show at 8 PM, which I told them when I made the reservation. We arrived on time for our 6:30 reservation and our main course was served at 7:20. We asked them to box one dinner and we quickly shared the other, in order to make the show. The wine recommended was reasonably priced, but a very weak chardonnay. The food was just okay, nothing to make us go there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great Place for a Quiet Dinner for Two or with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. My husband and I went to the Park Cafe for Valentine's
day with two of our friends. The special Valentine's dinner was excellent and the service was great. We look forward to our next visit.

St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Nice Spot for a Special, Cozy Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently bought a Groupon for the Park Cafe and used it just before the New Year. The restaurant is located in an old Southern Home just off the square in downtown Duluth. I've admired it for years, but just never had an occasion to go.

This trip included me and my daughter, plus another Mother and daughter. So 4 women: 2- 15 year olds and 2- over 40! The Mom's of the group thought it was a neat place to eat. The atmosphere was homey, and our waiter was excellent. The girls thought it was sort- of strange to be eating a 'someone's house'. We tried to explain that was part of the charm, but they weren't buying it. They prefered the typical restaurant setting with the glitz and glam that typically would be associated with a meal this pricey.

That is the key take-away here....pricey. This isn't your 'any Friday night' dinner. It is one that is unique, in a unique atmosphere, and comes with a price tag. I had the Shepherds Pie, which was a large portion, enough for two, the other Mom had the Duck Confit. One of the girls had a Talapia dish and the other had the Shrimp and Grits. All received praise - although the Shrimp and Grits were a bit spicy. We also had Spinach/artichoke dip with yummy pita chips, Wine and dessert. The total for our meal was just shy of $150. More than I would typically expect on a normal dinner outing.

Of course, for a special occasion, this is to be expected...so that is my suggestion. This is a lovely place to go with out of town guests, on a special evening, or when you want to splurge. You have to want that 'homey' experience versus the frenzy of a modern restaurant, so keep that in mind, too. I would go back again, but only on a special occasion and with someone who appreciates this Southern style home and the ambiance it provides.

• Visited December 2012