“The best Korean Restaurant I ever visited”
Review of Myung Ga Won

Myung Ga Won
Ranked #268 of 434 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Korean
Memphis, TN
“The best Korean Restaurant I ever visited”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I sometimes visit Atlanta and dine at Korean restaurants as I am a Korean-American. I always like to find a good restaurants when I travel. Well this time I found this Myung Ga Won on Pleasant Hill Road Duluth, GA.

I read reviews below and would like to say this: when you go to Korean restaurant that has grill on your table, please expect for them to cook it for you as it is courtesy in Korean culture for them to do that. Some restaurants might not do that and that is fine. But when they insist, it means that restaurant strive to higher service to their customers. So please accept it and enjoy.

Now the meals. I enjoyed their meals from main dishes to side dishes. They are all excellent. Now I am a full blook Korean and I do have very strict taste when it comes to Korean food and I tell you they are good. I went to several Korean restaurants when I visited Atlanta this time and this is only place I would give two thumps up. So please feel free to try and enjoy.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like to try Korean meals or who already can enjoy good Korean meals.

• Visited November 2011
6 Thank JamesMem

• Korean first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food was really good, but the staff wouldn't leave us ALONE. They kept insisting on cooking everything for us and...”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

The food was really good, but the staff wouldn't leave us ALONE. They kept insisting on cooking everything for us and that completely takes the fun out of Korean BBQ. Big sad face

I noticed they were cooking for some of the other tables around us too so I don't completely think it's just because we weren't Korean, but I also noticed we were the only table where someone did 100% of the grilling for us so our white selves probably had a little bit to do with it. The staff were all very nice but way overly attentive in this situation. I'd stated before that I'd had Korean BBQ many times but they were very persistent. However, the staff were all very helpful and they were eager to answer any questions and seemed pleased that white people were even interested in their cuisine. I think the best part of our meal (besides all that yummy dead cow of course!) were the daikon radishes thinly sliced and in a sweet vinegar sauce. I couldn't stop shoveling those in my mouth! Delicious! My only complaint about the food is that it's not a charchoal BBQ which I prefer because I love that smoky taste, but you do end up smelling like a smoke house afterwards and this place is nicer than your average hole in the wall so I can see why they only had gas. If we had been left to our own devices and been able to cook our own food, I would have given this four stars (just because I like charchoal better :p). If this is standard in nicer Korean restaurants to cook for their patrons, then I'll edit this review and give it four stars. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Atlanta
“The best Korean restaurant in GA”
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Excellent Korean food and good service. Waitresses are very attentive. Very good variety of side dishes. The beef dishes and hot spicy soup are particularly good. Highly recommended.

2 Thank haniwind

Been to Myung Ga Won? Share your experiences!