“A local gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sugo

Sugo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 422 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wilson Rd.
atlanta
“A local gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

From the memoent you walk into Sugo you are welcomed by the staff who are trained in every aspect of making your dinner special. Every ingredient of every dish is described in detail, and they all taste as delicious as they sound. Mr. C, the owner, will always stop by your table to chat and to make sure everything is perfect with your experience. Based on all the loyal locals who are dining there, Sugo is doing something right

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Still one of our Favorite Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We simply love this restaurant. We go there to celebrate occasions such as anniversaries, birthdays and really, anything. We are never disappointed. Food is great. We celebrated our anniversary there last night and started off with a Greek salad and Ensalada Caprese and a decent bottle of Chianti. We were both very happy with our choice. For entrees, my husband got lasagne (delicious!) and I tried one of the evening specials - the lobster (wonderful!). We shared a dessert of gelato. As it was our anniversary, the staff had prepared a sweet card for us and Mr. C presented us with a glass of sparkly moscato to celebrate!

They also occasionally offer cooking classes. Back in May, we tried one. How fun! I highly recommend doing this. Our class was preparing the delicious meatballs. Class includes wine, just to make it even more fun. If you get the opportunity to do this, take it. You won't be sorry.

We will continue to visit Sugo's. It's really one of our very favorite restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
Oviedo, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenomenal Food & Terrific atmsophere!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

While visiting Atlanta I needed to set up a business lunch for my client. Chef Castilucci (aka Mr. C) went above and beyond expectations and provided a spectacular meal -- everyone was pleased. I can't recommend Sugo highly enough!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We're long time followers of the Castilucci Group--How are ya..nice to see you again. Disappointed that they closed in closeby Roswell and moved to Johns Creek. Restaurant is in back of the ritzy strip mall with parking there as well. We like the small bits such as the meatball sausage stuffed with roasted tomatoes, caramalized onions and dates with a tomato basil sauce; the bacon wrapped dates stuffed with walnuts with a spicy romesco dipping sauce and the spanakopita, the greek pie with ricotta cheese. If you are on a budget, you could split the entree as the portions are good. However, the chicken francais with capers, asparagus and grilled vegetable tortelone for $19 is a good value. the scallops piccato w/ white wine capers, asparagus and basil basil is excellent for $28. I like the upscale atmosphere with its brick and stucco walls. Unlike Roswell, the rooms are divided giving a more intimate feeling. The bar prices are up there with the Ritz so perhaps bring your own bottle for corking.

Suwanee, Georgia
“For the older set.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended from friends but I was disappointed to say the least. The place seem dreary and dank. It was a little hard to find and most of all the patrons of this establishment seemed stuffy in my opinion. My wife and I have are nearing 40 but it seemed as if everyone in this restaurant was over 60 and everyone was sipping wine.... slowly (not a beer in sight). Yes, I know, older people have to eat as well but it made for a rather boring atmosphere. Forgive me but I'm not used to that at all and yes I know it's my fault for not checking into the place before going there to eat.The food was average at best but it wasn't overly expensive in my opinion. I ordered the Pasta Duetto which had one meatball that was rather large and rather nasty. The salad I ordered was alright I guess and my wife was just "okay" with her Black truffle pasta. The waitress was very nice and the maitre'd at least seemed like he wanted us there. Maybe I would really like this place in about twenty years, so for now I will say Arrivederci and I'll be back in 2033.... but don't bet on it.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Sugo? Share your experiences!