“Excellent Pad Thai and service”
Review of Saigon Cafe

Saigon Cafe
Ranked #74 of 426 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cleveland, OH
“Excellent Pad Thai and service”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This restaurant is now dba Saigon Gourmet, not to be confused with Saigon Cafe, which is about 3 doors down in this strip center on the W corner of Satellite and Pleasant Hill Rd. Right near Bed, Bath and Beyond, if that helps.
It was just me and my book at about 5:30 on a weeknight. The place was pretty empty, with lots of commuters fighting the traffic outside. Even so, the service was top notch and I think it probably is in general.
Pad Thai is kind of my default Thai food when I'm travelling -- not too adventureous when I'm on the road. And this was very, very good. Just the right mix of flavors in this dish, not bland like it can be. Also, you are offered hot sauce with or without garlic to use. The dish stood up to that, even.
This area has a large Asian presence, with signs in both English and whatever ethnicity the store/restaurant caters to. I can see why Saigon Gourmet survives in such heated competition.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank travellngcircus

South Carolina
“Great Find”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We found this restaurant by accident and were very pleasantly surprised with the great, fresh Thai and Vietnamese food here. Large portions and great prices. We ordered the pho, beef salad and pad Thai. All were excellent. Definitely would recommend over other nearby overpriced overrun Asian bistros.

Duluth, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I live 2 minutes away and use to have to drive to spots off ptree industr and jimmey carter. this is close, great food, nice ambiance and my girl Jasmine is awesome. All the staff is friendly and have come to know my fav. spot to sit in the restaurant. When i ordered take out tonite it was ready in 10 mins! Love the Panaough(?oops) chicken-a sweeter version of the red curry. The steam rice is delicious(kinda sticky)like i love it and the sweet tea is a bonus!! highly recommend-MsAtl

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good pho at a great price”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is a great place for pho - the food is fresh and bountiful. The medium size bowl of pho is like a large at other places we have been to. They also bring you a big plate of fresh bean sprouts. At many other places, you get quite thirsty after eating pho, presumably due to the high sodium or MSG. That didn't happen after eating at this place. The spring rolls (goi cuon) weren't as good and we wouldn't recommend ordering them here.

We plan on returning to this place whenever we get a craving for pho.

atlanta
“good, great, love it”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I always order the noodle/rice dishes and they are delicious. Add a side of bubble tea with tapioca balls and I'm in heaven. This place is my replacement for burger fast-food.