“Never a bad meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went here with a friend, and while they told us at the front desk that the wait was 30-45 minutes for a table, we decided to stay anyway. We lucked out and got a couple of chairs at the bar, so we had a glass of wine while we waited. The bar is full service there, but we didn't want to eat at the bar that night. My friend was wanting the Chicken Bryan, which she says is fabulous.

Note: this location is always quite crowded, as it is close to Gwinnett Arena. If you are going to dinner before a show or an event at the Arena, plan ahead. Parking can be difficult when the restaurant is full.

I'm always pleased with the wine selection at Carrabba's, even though I'm not a chain restaurant type of person. It's a place that doesn't seem chain-like to me.

We tried to order a flatbread for an appetizer, but I couldn't get it without the mozzarella cheese because the server explained to us that the dough for the flatbreads are pre-baked with the cheese already on top of it so that when a flatbread is ordered, they can expedite it, which makes sense. Good to know. We went with the calamari instead, which was good and done just right.

I ordered whole wheat spaghetti and meatballs, and got a salad. I wish I could have had more sauce for the pasta, though.

Overall a good meal. Service was excellent. Couldn't finish the spaghetti.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant has nice ambiance. Its a good family oriented restaurant and was perfect for my weekend family dinner get together. The service was professional and the waiters were very friendly and prompt in providing the service. We ordered 2 entrees and 2 kids meals. The food quality was great and the bread was scrumptious.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a party of six and did not wait long to be seated. Our server was very attentive and personable. Food was very good, only wish mine a bit more sauce. Overall I would recommend eating here if you want Italian food while in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The main menu has plenty of good italian options. There is always crab cakes, and salmon, and lots of good pasta and salad options, as well as special menu's that offer other options that are always delicious. Desserts are always fabulous. Glad when they brought back Dessert Rosa, miss the creme brule'. THE ABSOLUTE BEST CALAMARI I've had anywhere I've been in the world., and I've been fortunate enough to have traveled a little.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Have eaten here every time I visit this area for our relocation process. Staff has always been outstanding and the food and atmosphere are great. Newer unit with great decor and layout. Highly recommend for a great dining experience.

Been to Carrabba's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!