“Expensive anniversary”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 422 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pleasant Hill Road
Description: The Melting Pot is Atlanta’s Premier fondue restaurant offering an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & delectable chocolate fondue desserts. To enhance your dining experience, we offer over 250 wines and have a sommelier on premise. Make your reservation today for your “Perfect Night Out". NOTE: OpenTable reservations are for full MEAL service ONLY. For “DESSERT ONLY” Reservations you must call the Restaurant directly at…..
Duluth, Georgia
“Expensive anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Hubby and I loved this romantic and delicious fondue restaurant -- everything but the $200 bill!

• Korean first
Lithia Springs, Georgia
“No longer worth the money... My Last trip to the Melting Pot.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is enormously sad for me so I thank you for allowing me to share my mourning. This is the second Melting Pot review I've done. The first was on the Kennesaw, GA location. I knew when I visited the Duluth location that it wasn't an nice... the waitstaff is not as polished, the ambience is nothing special, the manager is ineffectual. These would all sound to picky if it weren't for the prices. When dinner for 4 (my treat), WITHOUT dessert or drinks, is $150 I expect perfection. But I knew I was "settling" going to this location... and was willing to do so because I LOVED the food! The Melting Pot was my favorite restaurant and I went about 4-5 times a year. I will admit that my review will not apply to everyone. I am pescatarian... semi-vegetarian. I eat seafood, but no other meats. This reduces the menu options to two for me and there was really only one that I would order, but I was OK with that. The Veggie option is really pretty weak so I always order the seafood trio. The veggies that come with the meals are excellent and the Trio offered Scallops, Shrimp, and Tuna... until they changed it. First the scallops were dropped and replaced with Salmon because it is cheaper (the staff acknowledged this to me when I expressed my disappointment). Now the Tuna has been replaced with Mahi, which again is cheaper. There are Lots of Great restaurants in Atlanta at which I can spend too much money. The Melting Pot just doesn't make the cut anymore. I do fondue at home; its easy and its lots of fun and, at home, it is Much cheaper than going to the Melting Pot - And everyone can Have EXACTLY what they want.

• Visited June 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Always a pleasure to dine here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you are looking for a place to spend your special night, look no further than the Melting Pot. My husband and I go to this restaurant every year to celebrate our anniversary. We start with the traditional swiss cheese fondue, which melts in your mouth and is so flavorful. This year I had the 4 course meal, which included memphis style bbq pork, filet mignon, herb crusted chicken, shrimp, and teriyaki sirloin. We chose the traditional oil. This also comes with a bowl of veggies, which the mushrooms stuffed in green goddess dressing and then battered and fried are the highlight of the meal. To top it off, we had the Flaming Turtle chocolate fondue. All of the accompaniments are perfect. Romantic music plays softly in the background, adding to the charm. It makes our anniversary special every year!

• Visited May 2012
Suwanee, Georgia
“Worth the Expense--to me anyway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have to be honest; my hubby was not as thrilled by The Melting Pot as I was. To me, it was a chance to slow down and eat one bite at a time, savoring the terrific cheese fondue. To him, this was a tedious task, and he doesn't consider fondue a meal. But, if the guy is the romantic type and enjoys trying new things, I think almost any woman would love to be taken here for a special occasion. It is pricey, but good.

Visited October 2011
Suwanee, Georgia
“Love Melting Pot Fondue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Food is excellent at Melting Pot, love love their sauces (yellow sauce especially) and their milk chocolate is to die for. Always enjoy our service and now our older kids love it, too.

Visited October 2011