“save your money”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“save your money”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wife and I tried for first time and last. We had a plate consisting of one Chimichanga and a small flauta which was nothing but a crisp tortilla and inside nothing but typical shredded flank steak. When we asked for sauce or cheese over top the Chimichanga and Flauta it was an additional $1.75 for an already $10.40 meal. There was a tablespoon of beans a rice but very disappointed for such a bland, greasy meal. Bathroom was nasty and servers were less than friendly (actually an understatement). Atmosphere much like that of a fast food and speaking of fast food we would have been just as better off at Taco Bell

• Visited October 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food is quite tasty, the selection is large and the prices are reasonable. What more can be said?

Visited July 2012
Duluth, Georgia, United States
“Great Mexican!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place has been around for many years. have been eating there since Gwinnett Place Mall was built. Always a good meal and friendly folks. Also the photos made by the owner on the wall are beautiful.

Visited May 2012
Alachua, FL
“Fantastic Mexican Food - No Wimps Allowed”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

On a business trip to Gwinnett, I found myself in the mood for Mexican. El Torero was close to my hotel so I decided to give it a try. As another reviewer noted, their chips and salsa are terrific - among the very best I have ever had. I prefer my salsa to be a little chunkier but that is a minor complaint. It is so full of flavor, who cares if it's chunky or not? Speaking of flavor, BEWARE - it is rather hot. I would not recommend it for wimps. What's great is that they serve you a large bowl of salsa even if you're dining alone. Although I did not ask (I'm not a wimp), I'd bet that they offer a milder salsa. But the chips are simply delicious, too. Fresh, thin, and crispy.

I had El Diablo with pork. This item is marked "HOT & SPICY" (or something to that effect) on the menu. That was no exaggeration. I actually put salsa on it to give it some extra kick and it was downright NUCLEAR. No complaints - but if you like mild, this is not your place. But the dish - including beans and rice - was superb. El Torero was so good, in fact, that I returned the following night and had carne asada which was also wonderful.

The service is fast and efficient if not overly friendly. But the food arrives fast and hot, the tea is kept filled, and they even offer to refill your bowl of salsa. What's not to love?

Killer food, decent prices, and fast & efficient service. El Torero delivers on all counts - and then some!

• Visited July 2012
“Long time favorite”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

El torero has been around forever. Fast food, water without asking, great tacos, spicy cheese dip; all make for a good time.

1 Thank Hpytravlr