“Roast Beef, not Sauerbraten” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kurt's Euro Bistro

Kurt's Euro Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kurt's Euro Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 418 Restaurants in Duluth
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peachtree Industrial
Description: Kurt's now offers a Neighborhood Euro Bistro in Duluth, Georgia, concentrating on the freshest ingredients and local flavors in a small, intimate atmosphere with a great wine selection and full bar. Our family-owned business and romantic restaurant focuses on what is best in the world of delicious dining. We like to think outside the box and offer dishes that you won't find elsewhere. Many of Kurt's classics are available with some new, modern cuisine options that we are sure our customers will love. Kurt's has been serving first-class cuisine for more than 28 years and still continues to offer a varied selection of foods spanning the entire spectrum of the culinary world. We are dedicated to using the finest, local ingredients and offering the best food at reasonable prices.
Atlanta, GA
“Roast Beef, not Sauerbraten”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I'd been looking forward to going to Kurt's, but was disappointed. I'm from Cincinnati where there are many German restaurants, so have eaten good German food often. The sauerbraten tasted like good roast beef, but it had absolutely no other flavors, no taste of spices at all. It was as if they just totally forgot to marinate it. The place looked OK and the side dishes, drinks and service were alright, except the waitress said I could not substitute another starch for the spaetzle, even if I was willing to pay extra to do it. That seemed a little stiff. All the positive reviews make me want to give Kurt's another try, but next time it will definitely not be sauerbraten.

“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently went with my husband to Kurt’s to celebrate our anniversary. We have been there several times, but not to their latest location (which is very close to their original location). The restaurant’s new location is much smaller than the old one, but the food is every bit as delicious. I had the Bistro salad & the Chicken Scallopini Milanaise, and my husband had a Caesar salad & the Schwabian Platter. The food was wonderful! Our waitress was unbelievably attentive. The atmosphere of Kurt’s feels very intimate. My understanding from the web site for Kurt’s is that the restaurant was scaled back or downsized to stay afloat in the difficult economy. I think they’ve done an excellent job, and we were pleased to see that the place was packed when we drove up. I would hate to think of Kurt’s closing down—we always have a superb dining experience when we come here.

1 Thank francie123
Duluth, Ga.
“Great bannas foster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

The food and service was solid. Not for the diet conscience as many of the dishes are hearty and rich. We split the cold plate of fresh seafood which was delicious and the dry aged new york strip which was cooked perfectly and had tons of flavor. Topping it off was the must have bannas foster that the owner Kurt makes at your table. Best I have ever had!

1 Thank rhino6915
“Missing Vreny's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Honestly, I was very hesitant to visit the new Kurt's after being a fan of Vreny's Biergarten for so many years. There was nothing like sitting on the deck with a big mug of beer an a big hunk of german ham. I must say, though, that while the atmosphere is much different the food is every bit as good. Some of the German dishes are gone but there are some nice 'bistro' alternatives. The atmosphere is definitely more upscale bistro-like, which is hard to find in this part of town.
If you're looking for a nice dinner in Duluth, this will be among your best bets.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Revamped Kurt's - and it's Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is the new Kurt's Bistro. I was sad when they left their old location with the beer garden, but am getting used to the new location. The menu has changed slightly and it's great! I miss some of the old choices, but there are some new and really delicious items on the menu now. The mussels are wonderful and we usually order the cheese tray - it is so very good! The tableside Bananas Foster for dessert shouldn't be missed!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Kurt's Euro Bistro? Share your experiences!