“Closest to NYC Italian in Gwinnett County!”

Vinny's New York Pizza & Grill
Ranked #46 of 450 Restaurants in Duluth
Description: Vinny's N.Y Pizza restaurants are the culmination of almost a 100 years of restaurant experience between long time partners father & Son, Giovanni and Vincent Vitale, family friend Abel Mira & New York born Howard Gutwilling. The journey all started almost 50 years ago in 1968 when Giovanni immigrated to Brooklyn, NY from Palermo, Sicily where he learned the craft of making pizza under his uncle whom had a very successful pizzeria at the time. So after Giovanni established his own first pizzeria in New Jersey and worked independently for some time. Soon after the birth of his son in 1975 Giovanni moved his family & business to Va along with his two bothers whom had also recently migrated to the United States. During this period an Argentinian by the name of Abel Mira had migrated to New York were he worked along side Italians learning the art of pizza making. Around this same time Abel moved his family to Va were he also started his first pizzeria.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Salads, soups, pizzas, sandwiches, entrees, oh my!!! We've yet to save room for dessert! I'm from NYC and the best pizza ever is the Ray's on 6th Av (Av of the Americas) & 11th St. The closest in Gwinnett County, GA is Vinny's NY Pizza and Grill. And their homemade soups, wow! Be it minestrone, chicken noodle or tomato basil. Reminds me when my friends from Italy would fix them. Meatball and chicken parm sandwiches are great and not dry. Entrees are terrific - my fav is the chicken parm but I enjoy others, too! Yum! My husband and I eat here regularly. Great for meals before Gwinnett Gladiators games, too!

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The place is in a small strip mall so I wasn't sure I'd even stop in. I decided to and am so glad I did. I got their veggie pizza, New York style. Great toppings, great crust, just really good. I'll go back and check out their other meals.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were not sure about this restaurant when looking in from outside, but so glad we went in. The place was busy,but our order was taken quickly. The garlic rolls were to die for! We had pepperoni pizza which was excellent. I wish they would open a Vinny's near us! The manager came by to make sure we were enjoying our meal. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel at home. We will definitely visit again if we return to Duluth.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have eaten here twice now and it has been great both times. Love the chicken piccata on angel hair pasta. Yum!

1  Thank Mathew S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ate there twice on a recent visit to the area. Had an excellent pizza the first time; great crust and toppings. On the second visit I had Eggplant Parm over spaghetti, and this was also very good. Portions are generous, so order wisely