“Noisy!!”

Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Really nice, very clean, modern-looking facility. Great staff. But the noise! Oh, the noise. 1:30 in the morning, kids running up and down the hall...several times. People yelling in their rooms at 2:00 in the morning. Doors slamming all night and early in the morning.

Also, a man (I guess from a Christian group) was laying hands on someone in the lobby. Then the guy stands outside my door to continue discussing the "hands-on" experience. This was around 10:30 in the evening.

A very nice facility but way too noisy for a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Watch your speed on Sugarloaf Parkway and on Pleasant Hill Rd (next exit off I-85). Saw several peop...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne P
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Anne P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. During your stay, our occupancy was driven by an event scheduled at the convention center. The hotel was filled with enthusiastic attendees. We do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hotel is nice with all room entry doors on the inside. Has a great breakfast, but I do not know the price of the breakfast. They do charge for breakfast, it is not free, but our room rate included breakfast. It was very good with a good variety, buffet style. Had bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes and all types of continental breakfast items. The shuttle to the Gwinnett Arena was perfect and we used it because of the cold weather. But, if it was warm, you could walk to the Gwinnett Arena or Event Center easily enough. Parking was good and well lit. Staff was nice. My only regret was the hotel was pricey compared to some surrounding hotels, but we paid the extra and splurged due to the proximity to the Arena. The price may have been inflated due to the events at the Arena, not sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear SRM30549,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you were able to experience the many amenities this location has to offer. In your future travels to the Gwinnett area (or to the Gwinnett Center), we hope you'll have the chance to visit us again.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good:
1. Comfortable and clean.
2. Fridge and microwave in the room.
3. Newly updated
4. Secure.
5. Onsite snacks/restaurant

A few things were disappointing. I really enjoy a hotel that offers free breakfast. While there was quite the spread for breakfast, it was not a courtesy and little things like that can take a toll on a budget. Also, the ice machine was broken on my floor so I had to go to another floor for ice. Overall, it was a good stay and I would return here if I were in the area again. Staff was friendly. Food was good. Rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank K T
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear K T,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had a comfortable night's rest. We hope to see you the next time you return to the area!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Was kept on hold 15 minutes. No wake up call. Saying poor service is an understatement.

Worst service of a holiday inn in my experience. I will not be back. For the charges the quality should be much better. But there is never an excuse for poor service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg K
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Greg K,
It's our commitment to continue to deliver upon guests' expectations, and to train our employees to serve our guests better. We'll certainly use your comments as a training tool.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in November 2013 while attending a pet expo at the Gwinnett Center. As far as convenience, you can't beat this location. We literally walked across the parking lot and we were at the center. I liked the fact that they had a selection of food and snacks in the lobby but I arrived around 2pm and was disappointed that there was no restaurant. They do have food available, but I believe it is open in the morning for breakfast and again in the evening for dinner. We ended up walking up the street to get some lunch. The rooms were clean and there was a nice big shower. I had breakfast the next morning and it was great-the homemade waffles are huge! I also ordered a chicken caesar salad to take up to my room (they don't bring it to you) in the evening and it was also very good. I had some issues with the business center as I needed to print FedEx documentation and the website only supported browsers that were not loaded on the computers, but I eventually found a way to get what I needed. Overall a nice hotel and very close to Gwinnett Center. Also pet friendly (I didn't have any, but saw lots of people coming in with dogs).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear RedIsleGal,
Thank you for your comments. Due to our location, the demand for lunch is minimal. We are currently testing a "Take-In" dining program for Holiday Inn that replaces the standard room service. We apologize that this program did not met your needs. We're happy you enjoyed the Pet Expo, and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My son and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn because of traveling to the NCAA SEC football championship game in ATL. The hotel was an easy 30 min drive to downtown for the event. Also I had many pleasant surprises that made us feel especially like home. Several staff members took interest in our MIZZOU Tigers as they learned we were going to the game. Upon our return that night and unfortunate loss to Auburn, they commented that they had watched some of the game and had us in mind. Even one who didn't follow football. All on their own personal time. The staff was very kind, the hotel very updated with a great eating/bar area perfect for traveling sports teams etc. we were able to watch more football and enjoy the conversation. My rate as a govt/county employee even of a different state was exceptional ! I would HIGHLY recmd this Holiday Inn !

Stayed: December 2013

Dear POTUS40,
It was great speaking to you while you were here! Many thanks for posting your kind words about our staff! We hope you get a chance to visit us again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding. There is a nice outlet mall close by, but when we were there, the mall was under construction and many stores were closed. We enjoyed the mall nonetheless. There are some stores and restaurants nearby. The hotel itself was clean. The service was terrible. The persons working the counter could rarely be found. They weren't very helpful with directions either. We had to find our own way around. The last day we were there, an elevator broke and gave some of our friends a scare, as we were all on it. If the service was better I would recommend it, but from our experience I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear donsanchez23,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C