“The Perfect Location”

Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were able to book a room here on zero notice for our attendance to the Starcitygames.com Invitational this past weekend. The hotel was full to capacity with players as well as guests in town for the Final Four tournament. For them to be able to work us in on such short notice was greatly appreciated and was a great improvement from our previous night's lodging. The staff was friendly and the room was great. It was comfortable and clean and they had no problem providing us with extra blankets. Well Done!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dragos Dragn

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you made it for the Star City Games, I find it incredibly fun to have a full packed hotel with people who are excited about their events. I look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Bright, clean, and business functional! If you are coming to the Sugarloaf Business park area on corporate business or a quick overnight to catch a performance at the Arena or Performing Arts center – less than a block away -- this place will meet your needs with compact, efficiently designed rooms. A HUB concept sets the tone for a basic overnight stay designed to keep you focused on business but also well taken care of. Everything is in easy view from the professionally staffed reception: a breakfast area—open 6:30 – 10 AM -- that transforms into evening dining and bar amenities from 5-10 PM, a computer area, fitness center, and a welcoming outdoor area for relaxation. The “Market” area features water and soft drinks, sweets and frozen meals for those after-hour hunger pangs or an alternative to business community feel of the early morning coffee crowd. The rooms, complimented with the Holiday Inn signature citrus bouquet, are an overnight recharging place equipped with microwave and refrigerators, comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Even numbered room face a lovely wooded area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Gabriele S.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during you recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed the new concepts we have to offer and hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for the SEC Women's Basketball Conference games, which were being held at the Gwinnett Arena. The rooms were pricey at $159/night due to the event and the hotel's close proximity to the arena. It was a convenient location, I'll give it that, but this was not a $159/night experience.

The king bed and non-smoking room that I thought I had requested turned out to be two double beds. Even worse, I'm pretty sure Cheech and Chong had occupied the hotel room for the month previous to my stay. It definitely smelled like something straight out of, "Up in Smoke." The hotel was filled to capacity, so they could not reassign me to a different, non-smoking room. I understand this, as I made my reservation just a few days before the event began. They did set off an oxidation bomb, but this was not effective. The horrendous smoky smell made for a very unpleasant stay.

Trash was all up and down the hallway one night (fast food bags, pizza boxes, etc.). It could be that a few people ordered take-out and left their garbage in the hall and I just happened to walk by at the wrong time. But it was pretty disgusting and I sincerely hope it had not been there long.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was pricey at $11 per person and the buffet was the only option. I am not a buffet person. The food was bland, mediocre at best and, well, buffett-ish.

Staff and waitstaff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Although I wished I had been able to be reassigned to a non-smoking room, I understand that none were available and believe that they did try.

If you could get a room at a much better price and get assigned a non-smoking room (if you're a non-smoker), it might be OK. But next year, I'll save $60 per night and find a better hotel a little farther away from the arena.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JDG5400
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear JDG5400,

Thank you for your feedback. We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. Please be assured that your input will be taken into consideration in our efforts to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 6, 2013

someone saud this was poorly rated and it is. very disappointed, no fitness room, have to walk next door to comfort inn, and that hotel is really dirty especially the fitness equipment. ,
business center is a joke, loos like someone put it together in 5 minutes, and it didn't work straight away, and it in the lobby next to the checkin.desk just one small chair and visible to all. will never start here again

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear woodbadg,

Thank you for your review. It was regrettable to see that your stay with us was not all that it could have been. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable one and we are happy to take your feedback so that we may continue to improve.

Thank you again for providing a review.

Adrian D.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center on Friday, February 8th for one night. We bid on the room on Priceline and did not really know what to expect. This is a very nice place to stay - the exterior of the hotel is very nice and the lobby area is also. The lady that was working at the counter Friday night was so friendly! We didn't even check in until close to 11:00 p.m. and she was just as helpful as people in the middle of the day. We got to spin the wheel to get a price and we got a candy bar. We had a king size bed in a non-smoking room...I was so glad that when we got there she asked us if we wanted two beds or one and non-smoking or smoking ... because I had called on the way to Atlanta to let them know we would be late checking in and the lady on the phone confirmed my room was booked and told me it was two regular beds in a smoking room...I told her that I wanted non-smoking but if that was all they had I guess I would take it. I would love to be able to get a room at this hotel when we go to concerts at Gwinnett Arena because it is right next door....but at those times the rooms are so much that we can't afford them. We would definitely stay here again! The beds were so comfortable - the shower was huge - and the Hub area looked really nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very nice hotel, very impress. Best hotel if you are working in the area or attending events at the Gwinnett Arena. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back. P.S enjoy the sports bar in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Cedric P
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel since we were attending a concert at the Gwinnett Arena and were very pleasantly surprised. It was clean, nice, comfortable, quiet, and we could have walked to the Arena if we wanted to. It is a little tricky finding the entrance from the main road, but once you figure it out it's not bad. All the hotel employees were nice and professional, no complaints at all. Whenever I visit this area of atlanta this will be the hotel we always stay at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple