Getting into the hotel was difficult, but it was at that perfect location from the interstate - far enough away to be away from the noise (1/2 mile) and close enough to still be classified 'easy off, easy on' for the interstate.
Check-in: No cookies? Well, perhaps that's a HI Express thing. As a Priority Club member, I did get to spin a little Wheel-of-Fortune-type wheel there and got free fresh-made potato-chips at the in-house restaurant. They were delicious and the two sauces were 'different', but decent too. Also enjoyed a $5 dessert - some kind of waffle with ice cream and chocolate on it - all 4 of us dived into that (and there was enough of it for all 4 of us to get some).
One word about the restaurant, though: It closes WAY too early. It closes at 10 p.m.; most travelers start wanting a midnight snack at just around 10:00-11:00 p.m. They did have an all-night mini-store with freezer meals, bags of chips, sodas, etc., so that made up for it in some respects.
Room: Spacious. We had a two-double bed setup. 4 pillows per bed and the beds were roomy enough. Bathroom was clean with good water pressure.
Indoor pool: Small, but clean. My party enjoyed the pool, but when two other parties came in, it was a crowd. I definitely was wishing they had opted for a larger outdoor pool.
Wake-up call: Easy to set up and ON TIME! (I had set it up for 6:05 so that they would call AFTER my cell phone started waking me up at 6:00. My cell phone had buzzed before they called and they called not too long after).
Check-out was a breeze.
Overall, a very typical stay for the Holiday Inn group of hotels - very nice; more than budget-hotels, but not luxurious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel, located adjacent to the Gwinnett Center and the Arena at Gwinnett Center, home of the Gwinnett Gladiators, Forward Conference (Jun 09), Watchtower Conventions, Joyce Meyer Event (Oct 09) and other Gwinnett Arena Events. The new Gwinnett Braves Baseball Team plays just a few miles north The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Duluth GA hotel is located NE of Downtown Atlanta via I-85, less the mile from Discover Mills Mall, close to the Mall of Georgia, Gwinnett Civic Center, Gwinnett Convention Center and 3 miles from the Gwinnett Place Mall. Gwinnett County offers a wide variety of recreational activities such as golf and tennis, which are located within 2 miles of the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Lawrenceville GA hotel. The hotel is also close to the University of Georgia ( UGA )Bulldogs Stadium. Each one of our 143 beautifully appointed guest rooms was designed to make your stay comfortable and productive. We offer complimentary high-speed Internet access. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center you can relax by our indoor pool or work out in our poolside fitness center. Perhaps you will want to unwind with a cocktail in our lounge or dine at Kem s restaurant (named for the founder of Holiday Inn, Kemmons Wilson.) We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel for your next visit to Duluth GA, Lawrenceville GA or Gwinnett GA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Hotel Duluth
- Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center
- Holiday Inn Duluth
- Duluth Holiday Inn