“Very nice hotel”

Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Chronologically...
Getting into the hotel was difficult, but it was at that perfect location from the interstate - far enough away to be away from the noise (1/2 mile) and close enough to still be classified 'easy off, easy on' for the interstate.

Check-in: No cookies? Well, perhaps that's a HI Express thing. As a Priority Club member, I did get to spin a little Wheel-of-Fortune-type wheel there and got free fresh-made potato-chips at the in-house restaurant. They were delicious and the two sauces were 'different', but decent too. Also enjoyed a $5 dessert - some kind of waffle with ice cream and chocolate on it - all 4 of us dived into that (and there was enough of it for all 4 of us to get some).

One word about the restaurant, though: It closes WAY too early. It closes at 10 p.m.; most travelers start wanting a midnight snack at just around 10:00-11:00 p.m. They did have an all-night mini-store with freezer meals, bags of chips, sodas, etc., so that made up for it in some respects.

Room: Spacious. We had a two-double bed setup. 4 pillows per bed and the beds were roomy enough. Bathroom was clean with good water pressure.

Indoor pool: Small, but clean. My party enjoyed the pool, but when two other parties came in, it was a crowd. I definitely was wishing they had opted for a larger outdoor pool.

Wake-up call: Easy to set up and ON TIME! (I had set it up for 6:05 so that they would call AFTER my cell phone started waking me up at 6:00. My cell phone had buzzed before they called and they called not too long after).

Check-out was a breeze.

Overall, a very typical stay for the Holiday Inn group of hotels - very nice; more than budget-hotels, but not luxurious.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. Went there for a seminar and decided to spend the night. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. I planned to go back when I need some peace and quiet and hopefully I'll get a chance to sit outside and enjoy the outdoors. I don't think I would like to stay on the first floor because the bar is there and it seems like it could get very noisey.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been so pleasantly surprised by the staff friendliness and overall amenities of this hotel! I'm a hotelier of nealy 30 years so I'm experienced with the good, the bad and the ugly that is out there. This hotel is awesome and I love the staff! Great job everyone!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Ive stayed at many Holiday Inn hotels....this one caught be my surprize. It really was a cool diversion from the norm. Well designed lobby had computers at a couple of desk stations out front. Around the corner, there was a nook with some seating and two large TV's dedicated to Wii Gaming with controls and software ready. Books, games, cards....all there to use. Traveling with my 10 year old, it was a nice addition, as was the indoor pool which was stocked with towels.
Staff was awesome, from the front desk to the maintenance folks. Great location...close to gwinnett center, ice forum, arena...lots of major corporate offices and of course Discover Mills and Mall of GA are close by as well. Although they had some sort of restaurant service available for breakfast and dinner, we didn't take advantage of it because there are several great restaurants not far away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were excited that there was a points bargain for this hotel when we were ready to book, but we accidentally reserved a "smoking" king room & when calling found out there were no more nonsmoking king rooms available. I arrived early enough to have Kathy (I believe that was her name) help me find a nonsmoking room that would be ready later in the day, which was awesome for us...thank you to all who worked it out for us. The room was nice & comfortable. We were given a choice of additional points or comped breakfast & chose the breakfast, which was excellent, especially noting the service. We would stay here again.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My overall stay was very good. The room was clean, great choice of amenities. Good location. The morning staff was very friendly, really going out of there way to talk to the guest and make sure we had everything needed during breakfast. I have just two observations for improvement. Upon arriving to the hotel there was only one clerk with 4 other guest waiting. I am a Platinum member and should be expedited through for quick check in. I remained patient and stood there for 15 minutes. A employee named Alex was heading out the door, saw the line and jumped in to help. He did great, he was quick and efficient. The young lady was overwhelmed and took way too long per guest. At the end of the road all we want to do is get to our rooms and relax. The check in process although Alex was great, lowered my overall score for this property.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included but the rooms have a micro and nice size fridge.