“Overcharged”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crestwood Blvd
Description: JW's Steakhouse features generous cuts of choice beef, fresh seafood's and savory pasta entrees with fresh, a-la-carte vegetable sides and mouth-watering desserts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overcharged”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife, my.daughter and I went here and eat the food.was.good.but the pricing was too much and they overcharged my card by 10 extra dollars for preautheration for extra tip and the tip was alrdy included in the check... that is not right at all.. no other restaurant does that at all... I will not go back there nor will I recommend anyone else go there....

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank millardf

New York City, New York
“Excellent Food & Superb Service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Three of us visited JW's recently for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised how wonderful the food and service was after reading several of the negative reviews. We all had salmon over spinach which was really, really good. The steak fries were good and the JW's house salad was excellent. The server was very friendly and did a great job

• Visited March 2013
Spring, Texas
“overpriced..bland food.....an hour and 40-minutes for our food to arrive”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I could go on for a long time about my disappointment ...this was a business dinner that included 9 people from my company including a Sr VP

1. This is a steakhouse and yet we were informed that they were OUT of Rib Eye and OUT of Prime Rib ..huh?? Wouldn't that be like going to McDonald's and they tell you they are out of hamburgers??

2. We waited 100 minutes for our food to arrive

3. Salads were bland and plain

4. The steaks we ordered had little to no taste ..... when charging $30+ for a steak at least make an attempt to make it taste good

5. side dishes were tasteless

In a nutshell a waste of time and money and an embarrassment that I brought my company to this restaurant

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank David P
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have eaten crab cakes in a lot of restaurants. J.W's are the best crab cakes I have ever eaten. Everything we ate was wonderful. She crab soup, salmon over spinach. Service was friendly and attentive. You need to try this lovely restaurant right here in Duluth.

• Visited January 2013
Duluth, Georgia
“Don't eat here”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a restaurants .com coupon from this restaurant. We had eaten your one other time. The food is terrible. The atmosphere is awful. Don't eat here. It's way overpriced for what you get. I ordered something with lobster on top and it came out with shrimp on top of which I'm highly allergic. There is only a few people in the restaurant and the restaurant is small so you can hear everybody's conversation. There were children running in and out of the restaurant in bathing suits. They were out of the prime rib as they always are. Do yourself a favor and don't eat here. My best recommendation for something similar would be California dreaming. It's two exits further north.

• Visited December 2012