“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #32 of 434 Restaurants in Duluth
Athens, GA
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great hot pot experience for the novice. The staff and owner are incredibly helpful. Each person has an individual pot with heat control. Several broth choices - beef bone, chicken, miso, vegetarian, herbal, Thai and beauty booster. We had miso and herbal, I'd give the edge to herbal. We ordered the sea and land combo which was 2 large platters, one of veggies and tofu and the other, the meat and seafood. We ordered lamb as the meat and it was superb. If you are sharing a combo there is an extra charge for the broth and sauces unless you spent $10 in side orders which is what we did. There is a sauce bar with multiple sauces plus add ins. Taking a cue from the folks in front of us we mixed several sauces together. We also ordered a bubble tea and a fresh fruit smoothie both which were tasty. I highly recommend this restaurant especially if you want something out of the ordinary. I would recommend that families with small kids not turn on the pot in front of the kids.

• Visited June 2014

“WOW!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First time here and I didn't know what to expect: like the rest of the reviews Awesome! Lots of food. Great wait staff, clean restaurant, and good fresh food. Pick your broth and then pick your meats from chicken, beef pork, or a variety of seafood. There are plenty of fresh veggies and a raw egg also for the pot. The dipping station adds flavor to you pot of soup. The wait staff helps you all the way. If you leave hungry you just didn't eat! Try it you'll like it!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank happyjimi16
Orlando
“Simply awesome!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Cannot say how much I enjoyed my lunch today! My wife and I drive frim central Florida once a month to do some shopping here in rhe Duluth area.We have been trying diferent resturants each time we come up, well now we can stop trying to find the best shabu shabu resturant.

The resturantit self is a littIe on the small side, but other than that everthing else was awesome. My wife is Taiwanese and according to her this is the best shabu shabu she has found outside of Taiwan. My wife ordered the sea and land combo and proceded to conquer both, the serving size was large. I was feeling a bit safe and ordered the chicken, both came with a huge mound of freash veggies to cook with. Unlike a few of the other restaurants serving shadu shabu here you can make your own hot pastes and the choice od possibilities is mind blowing.

If your looking for a new resturant to try I highly recommended this one!!!

Good luck!!

• Visited October 2013
Duluth, Georgia
“Awesome hot pot”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First hot pot experience and I must say I LOVED it! Since we didn't know how it works, our server helped us out a lot (with the cooking and telling what to put when and what needs to be cooked longer). I am definitely going back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Asansol_Traveller
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent pho consumer from all over America. This is definitely a new concept to me. Delicious. The possibilities are endless! Very clean restaraunt, clean restrooms, nice service. One warning, if you go with a friend or date, consider sharing one pot with each of your own broth, one order is ALOT OF FOOD! Thank you Mini Hot Pot for being here, definitely an experience!

Been to J's Mini Hot Pot? Share your experiences!