“Great hotel at a great price!”

and 1 more site!
Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Wrightsville, GA
“Great hotel at a great price!”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We traveled to Duluth for a family member's graduation. We rented 4 rooms in different parts of the hotel, so my review is based on 4 rooms, not one. They were all very clean and looked as if they were brand new or had just been remodeled. Everything worked, plumbing, ect. The employees in the front office were friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We will definitely make it a point to stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank leadsinger55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2010

You get what you pay for, so if you've been living out of your car, this would be a step up for you. Reserved a room on Friday, got there on Monday and they hadn't cleaned the room. Lugged everything upstairs and got a little scared about security. The sheets and blankets were so shabby. There were burnholes in the beadspread and some kind of nasty dust bunnies all over the other bedspread. The boxspring and mattress looked like something I'd see on the side of the highway. No closet, just a wire rack and some broken hangers. Toilet didn't flush and was continuously running. Called the front office and she again could have cared less. Said they could come fix it on Monday. Whatever. I didn't even want to sit on the bed, much less sleep there. Couldn't wait to leave and go back to the more expensive (but SO much nicer) place I had stayed the week before. (Candlewood Suites, just down the street)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank deevee0319
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My sister and I went to Duluth, GA for the women's SEC basketball tournament and are currently staying at this hotel. This is our 3rd night and we couldn't be happier. This place is clean, has a fully equiped kitchen, large room, coffee maker, tv, safe and quiet area, and only 10 minute drive to Gwinnett Center Arena. We booked online, but upon arrival the helpful and very kind general manager, Karen, found and offered us an even cheaper rate for a 3 night stay with a special hotel rate, less than $50 total including tax. The customer service was friendly and helpful from the general manager, Karen, and whoever had problems that I read about in a previous review makes me think that it was a problem with that reviewer, and not the staff here. That reviewer said you would only get good service if you were African American, which I am not, but I have been treated in an excellent, professional manner. Shortly after I got my key and went in the room the front desk even called the room to make sure everything was in order and asked if I needed anything. The wireless internet works very well and only costs $4.95 for the entire stay. Pets are allowed for only $10 per night and there are grassy areas with pick up bags available to clean up after your pet. This is not a 5 star hotel as the carpet is a bit worn in places and some of the tiles need recaulking, but we are very pleased and would certainly stay here again for the price, safety, and service. Room service is not provided daily, but there were 4 towels in the room and a trash can outside, if you need to empty your trash. The maid also offered us extra towels and soap when she saw us the first day. You will need to bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and hairdryer, if you need one. There is a Publix just down the road where one can stock up on groceries if one so desires. I will definitely stay here again when in the Atlanta area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Dottie D
Georgia
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We were in town for a wedding. We also were traveling with 2 dogs. We were very happy with our choice of Studio 6. Check-in was quick, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and our dogs were very comfortable in an air-conditioned room in their cages instead of at the vet in an open air kennel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOYGeorgia
NC
Reviewed June 9, 2008

The overall value is amazing although they do try to nickel and dime you as far as if you have more than one person they make sure they charge you addition (which is no different than other hotels.) The room was overall clean and MOST of the hotel staff was friendly with the exception of the very person I would think would try to bend over backwards for the guest which is the manager. This Karen...she was just as hateful as they came...that is unless you are African American..then you will get true courtesy. She was just downright condescending and rude..even got loud with me! Don't get me wrong..the hotel was great, the location was wonderful but how can someone stay at a place where the main person that runs the show is so hate filled and rude?

• Liked — The value was wonderful
  • Disliked — The racist manager
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)