“Locally owned good food and people.”
Review of OPA! Gyros & Kabob

OPA! Gyros & Kabob
Ranked #25 of 434 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Greek
Duluth, Georgia, United States
“Locally owned good food and people.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

For Greek food, this is the place to go. It's a smaller restaurant which has that small cafe feel. Servers are very nice and I think they are all family of the owners. They are great at explaining items and making sure you are happy

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lynn M

Atlanta, Georgia
“Love the food, but..”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I really love the food(their chicken wrap is juicy(little greasy) and tasty), we usually eat here during lunch time, on weekdays. I don't know if I am alone, but the previous two times they charged my credit card double the actual amount I signed on the bill. This has happened TWICE. I really hate it if they are doing it intentionally. I am not going there again, but if I do at all - it will be cash only business with them.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Krishna M
Lawrenceville, GA
“Suprising Greek food at a strip mall”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Overall a nice place for a casual lunch or dinner. Very accommodating to a gluten free diner and presented multiple options. The food is very tasty and the portions more than adequate. Grilled meats were well seasoned and multiple sides complimented the meal very well.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank filviz
Aliso Viejo, California
“Good Greek food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Good Greek food is hard to come by but this place has a great variety. We had the Gyro lamb platter and the pork Souvlaki. Both were excellent. The greek potatoes were seasoned nicely and the pita bread was fresh. It's a nice place for a casual dinner and I am guessing they are probably busy at lunch. Would definitely recommend and we will be back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Roadtrp23
Duluth, Georgia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have visited OPA several times and sampled many items off the menu. I have never left unhappy. The food is Greek and the portions are large.

The kebab portion of the menu has several types of kebabs, available individually or in a variety of combinations. The typical platter is a pair of kebabs served on a bed of seasoned rice with a Greek salad and pita bread. This is quite a dinner!

For lunch I grab one of the gyro sandwich combos. The combos come with sandwich and side. I recommend the OPA gyro (standard gyro with a homemade hot sauce drizzled on) with the Greek potatoes. The potatoes are like very-thick-cut potato chips, fried and seasoned with thyme. Very tasty.

One caveat -- this is not fast food. It is a family-owned-and-operated restaurant and the meals are prepared to order. The gyro place at the mall will hand you a gyro in 2 minutes; at OPA it takes a little longer. I have found the wait to be worth it since I keep going back. Given the number of people there at lunch, I am not alone.

• Visited October 2011