“Very tasty vegetarian food”
Review of Udipi Cafe

Udipi Cafe
Ranked #90 of 482 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Udipi Cafe has served the Greater Atlanta community since 1998. We offer eclectic vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, indian and indo-Chinese cuisine. The restaurant has recently changed ownership and is under new management. Our motto at Udipi Café Duluth is to be "Your Home Away From Home". We look to create unforgettable and delightful memories for families gathering with friends, moments of bliss through the overall experience of culture, service, ambiance and delicious vegetarian culinary varieties. Our mission is to uplift your health, wellness, five senses and create lasting positive memories. We look forward to serving you very soon!
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were warmly welcomed to this unpretentious vegetarian restaurant. Many of the other guests were Indian, a good sign when visiting an Indian restaurant. It’s a family friendly place suitable for young children. We were a rather large group so were able to order many dishes. Everything was delicious! My favorite was probably the mushroom karavali which was rich and well spiced with meaty chunks of mushroom. The batura bread, a giant puffy round piece of freshly made bread was also delicious (if watching your calories be aware that it is deep fried) as was the samosa chat. The stuffing of the masala dosa was tasty, though the dosa itself would be better if it were more crispy. I highly recommend the Udipi Cafe for a luscious meal. Try to go with lots of friends or family members so you can order a large variety of different things.

Date of visit: May 2013
2  Thank KateBD

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I called Uidipi Cafe to order a Masala Dosai to go. The man on the phone was very rude and practically hung up on me! When I arrived at the restaurant, he was just as rude in person!

I live 20 minutes from Udipi and imagine my chagrin when I got home and realized they forgot to put the potato filling in my take out bag! The potato filling is the main ingredient in a Masala Dosai! I will not be back!!

Date of visit: August 2012
3  Thank prachu
Reviewed July 18, 2012

What an adventure! I have been a vegetarian for over 2 years and am delighted that my friends and family took me to Udipi! The food is spicy and lovely -- colorful with many textures. Service was swift and friendly and the staff is kind.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank JewelsLang
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If it was not for being too oily, it would be very authentic. Being a South Indian, I can tell their food is not bad at all. If not for the oily/greasy part - I would rate them very highly. Price - 6/10 (1 being too cheap, 10 being too expensive); Also, their coconut chutney tastes really bad.

Date of visit: April 2012
2  Thank Krishna M
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We have been visiting this place for quite sometime now. Its a small place but the food is good. It is family and kids friendly. The quality of food is good and has service has improved since last year.

Date of visit: March 2012