“Great staff, great value”

Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went on a long weekend trip to see friends in Atlanta. Usually, we stay in more upscale hotels, like the Ritz-Carlton, but, we are planning a road trip on the West Coast later in the year, so thought we would check out some budget accommodation.

What a find! The hotel was great value. The room was clean and very spacious, with a separate sitting area with large sectional sofa, desk sink and fridge. The breakfast buffet was very good value, with a selection of both hot and cold items. There is 24/7 room service, where you can get food made to order at a reasonable price.

Although the hotel is very close to I-85, we didn't hear the traffic at all. Our room was on the 6th floor and towards the middle of the hotel.

There were a large group of teens playing in a soccer tornament, staying in the hotel. We didn't hear any noise from them at all.

We were so impressed, (and I am very fussy), that we booked into another Hyatt Place, for our last night. We would have stayed in this one, but we wanted to be a little closer to our route home the following day.

Would definitely recommend this chain.

Room Tip: Our room had a shower in the bathroom, no tub. We preferred this, but if you prefer a bath, be sure...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I love staying at Hyatt Place, but this is the oldest one I have ever stayed at. The rooms are a nice size, but are really starting to look worn. The couch had stains on it, the carpet was coming up along the edges, and everything was just felt really worn. I would only stay here again because of the location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was one of the best Hyatt's I have ever stayed in, and yes I was just like home. I especially like the sitting area that gives you plenty of room to stretch out. The breakfast was out of this world! All the employee that I had contact with were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff is very attentive, the rooms are beautifully furnished, and you cannot hear the noise in the room next to yours. However, our room did not have a tub, but a stand up show with glass doors (no smelly shower curtain), which was great for us. But I'm not sure how that would work with someone travelling with kids. Maybe they have tubs in other rooms? IDK. The room whre the toilet/shower is very small, if you put the cover down on the toilet, you cannot shut the door. The living area is seperate from the sleeping area by a partition and you cna view the tv from either side. The breakfast was warm, and there was always plenty, and it was tasty.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

a decent location. it is located in a korean community with excellent korean restaurants and korean bakeries. the hotel room is a decent size but the shower/toilet room is too small. the bathroom sink is separate from the shower/toilet room. the gym is small and comprised on 2 treadmills (one is not working), 1 elliptical machine, a stationery bike, and set of weights. the complimentary breakfast is pretty decent. hot/cold food. they offer free WSJ and korean newspapers daily. the staff is not that knowledgeable of the local attractions. they will direct you to the hotel website.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel several times with great satisfaction each time. Extremely clean . Lovely lobby and large rooms. The bathrooms have been redone. The breakfast has been expanded. We had wonderful customer service from the entire staff with Kristen in particular. She was so professional and accomodating it was a pleasure dealing with her. Would stay again...,please have coffeepot going during day!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank kales47
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was up in Duluth, Ga. for a little R&R and to see two of my best friends. I stayed at this Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall for four days and three nights. First off this hotel is right off I-85 but I didn't hear the vehicles. And the Hyatt Place is next down to several different hotels so you feel safe. I arrived on October 19th 2012 I was given a room on the 5th floor room 509 I wanted a room facing North I like a view even if it's a Major Highway and the sunrises and sunsets were to die for! I would have loved a room on the top floor and at the end of the hall but they were already taken. The first thing I do when I'm in a room is to make sure it's clean and this room was but it didn't take me long to notice that the room was dated a bit. The furniture was showing it's age the little end piece next to the sofa was in need of a new finish. And it didn't take long to notice the wires for the radio and telephone made the bed area look like a cheap hotel? The telephone wire was on an opposite wall along with the plug for the lamp next to the bed. And the Radio on the other night stand and lamp were also on an opposite wall which made the wires hang to the floor it looked messy. The wires under the desk were very messy also. The room didn't have a microwave but it had a refrigerator? The closet at this Hyatt Place was very small and getting into the shower was a bear unless you're a supermodel? First off the bathroom door was Very Heavy and when getting in or out of the shower the door and doorknob was in my way even if I dryed off in the large shower stall. A "pocket door" would have worked better for this bathroom door. This Hyatt Place is in a great location for the area and you can walk to Hooters or Chili's during the day and night but it would be better if their was a little more light at night. Or you can get a sandwich or light dinner at the hotel and the prices or good. The parking is free and for the Atlanta Area this almost unheard of. The grounds were very clean the pool is outside which is a shame great in summer but thats about all. The staff was very helpful and I had no problems with.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo