“A Beautiful Place to Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Virginia
“A Beautiful Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is a beautiful hotel with several restaurants located on a beautifully landscaped property. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable in a very spacious room. Wi-fi was available without charge. The bathroom was beautiful as well. This hotel is very clean and modern. We ate breakfast in the hotel for a charge of $10.95 per person which included all beverages and all you could eat from a buffett including chef-prepared entrees made to order. It was delicious, and the staff was very attentive. My husband says "this was too nice for just a one-day stay".

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This is a great place to stay. They have 2 patios, a good breakfast, you don't pay for the internet access like I've been charged lately, it's close to a really great mall that you can take the hotel shuttle to, it's very clean and comfortable to stay in. Beautiful forest off the back patio. The only complaint I had was that I could hear the people next door through the double access doors between the rooms, fortunately they were not loud (3rd floor)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2009

The Hotel Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. And, they have a shuttle van that took me to the company that I was calling on.

- Glen
Charlotte, NC

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Riverview
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I had to travel for business and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Sugarloaf for two weeks. It was a long time to be away from my family, but the staff at the hotel quickly put me at ease and made me feel like I was at my home away from home. It may sound cliche, but every staff member I would see greeted me - by name and asked how my work was coming along. The breakfast staff was wonderful and had a diet coke ready each morning (a special request) without me having to ask and the room service comes from the Carrabbas which is just steps from the hotel - so it doesn't get better than that. I will stay at this hotel again and I also sent the General Manager a 'thank you' email.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
West Hartford, CT
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We stayed at this Hilton for a wedding, and basically, it was a decent hotel. It was well-priced and it was a decent stay. If you want to check out Atlanta, it's a bit far to drive, so I'd stay closer to the city. But for an event like a wedding, it's fine.

• Liked — Comfy beds
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chattanooga
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I made a reservation at this property four months prior to my visit. I requested a room with two double beds to accomodate the four people in my party.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that they only had one room available, and it had a king bed. They could, however give me one roll-away. As I was in town for a girls' weekend with a friend and our two teenaged daughters, this just would not work.

The man at the front desk never apologized, and did not offer to help us find suitable lodging. He just said that "a lot of women came in a lunch time and bought up all the rooms." He also said that they had "overbooked" and that all hotels do it.

Hilton Garden Inn lost my business - if you want to be assured that your reserved room will still be available when you arrive, do not count on Hilton Garden Inn (Duluth/Sugarloaf)!!

• Liked — Proximity to event
  • Disliked — Did not honor our reservation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2007

Great food, hotel, staff, very, very quiet. Nice area also. I cannot think of anyone coming here except on business or visiting family, but the hotel is a very nice hotel, clean also. No safe in the room, nice parking lot, loads of trees in the area. Nice restaurants next-door, within walking distance. About 1 hour from the airport, traffic can be bad in the area. Did not hear another guest on our floor the entire time we stayed here. Highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Duluth, GA area. Oh yes, place is right next to (relatively) an arena that major acts play in, and a grocery store is right up the street. Can sense the area is in transition.. was once a nice, small-town area, now being overdeveloped (a shame).

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)