“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Dublin
sarasota, Florida
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good location, easy to find. Large clean rooms. Good pool area with tables and umbrellas. Friendly staff. Unfortunately breakfast starts later on the weeknds so you'll miss it if you want to hit the road early. Stayed twice this year and would stay again..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed one night - in town for a meeting - Beds were comfy, facility clean and well let, and the staff was friendly. What more do you need? I was happy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Joandio
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Our stay at this facility was perfect. I was in town to settle my grandfather’s estate after his death so I had been upset for most of my trip there, but the front desk ladies really made us feel better on arrival by being so friendly and they were compassionate about making their guests feel at home. The room was in tip top shape and contrary to the reviews I have read on here the bathroom was immaculate. The entire room was very clean. When I walked in the room for the first time it smelled just like clean sheets. After getting settled and heading back out the front desk ladies handed us coupons for Ruby Tuesdays. I had originally planed to stay two nights to settle things, yet I got everything done and didn’t have one problem with canceling my other night. The ladies at the breakfast bar also made my husband happy as a child during breakfast helping him prepare stuff. This was a wonderful experience and I commend the manager for such a wonderful staff. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I previous wrote a review on this property on July 15, 2010. Something has obviously changed at this property. I have stayed at this hotel on many occasion in the past few years but this time was, by far, my worst experience at this facility. As a Priority Club member, I’ve grown to expect a certain level of service from Holiday Inn Express’ I have frequented. On this occasion, I chose to use my banked Priority Club points to pay for my stay and I believe I was given one of the worse rooms in the complex. I’d like to know is it customary to give patrons who choose to use their Priority Club points the worse rooms? Room 309 was advertised as a non-smoking room but it was obvious that the room had been smoked in recently. I didn’t complain to the front desk because I felt nothing would have been done. The reason being, earlier in the day, I called the front desk attempting to inform them of my late arrival. The front desk person left me on hold for 11 minutes and 1 second. She just laid the phone down. I could hear her conversing and laughing with someone. When she finally returned on the line I asked her about the lengthy hold time. She indicated she was the only person at the desk and was dealing with customers. I felt she could have informed me of that before she just laid the phone down. Good customer service would have waited to find out what I needed and my inquiry could have been answered in 10 seconds. Generally, one takes care of the telephone customer first apologizing to the in-person customer. Obviously this is not the case in Dublin. Upon checkout, there was no one manning the front desk. I called out several times with no answer. I exited and loaded my luggage in my car and came back. To my surprise, well not really, it was the same lady who kept me on hold for a lengthy amount of time and checked me in the previous evening. The next time I visit Dublin I’m seriously considering choosing another hotel. If the customer service at the Dublin HIE is any indication of the HIE chain, I may have to start giving my business to other chains. I am not only a leisure traveler but also a business traveler and I stay at HIE when available.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank shauste
HieDublin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dublin, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you very much for letting us know about your most recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience that we caused and would welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly. We have made several staff changes in the past few months and are confident that you will find the entire staff is dedicated to making your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Was very pleased with the Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, GA. The staff was very courteous and professional. I would stay here again if necessary. Nice clean room and great breakfast!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I've stay in this hotel once before several years ago and I am still impressed with the service, location, staff, and accomodations. The staff was excellent in ensuring our needs were met and we were able to get the rooms that we required without a fuss. They were even able to accomodate our wish for early check-in at a time that a large group was checking out. I give this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed here because there were no other hotels available due to a softball tournament in town, which we were attending. We reserved through Ex**d(#.com. When we got to the hotel, we were given and handicap room that was not mentioned to me, nor on my booking sheet. There was a "deaf doorbell" that had a BLARING light that would go off for about 30 sec. everytime it was pushed. Did I mention a lot of kids were there...you can guess what happened....frequently! I called the desk and they said that there wasn't anything else. This one bed room with a gross all tile shower/toliet was $100 a night. We had to use our towels to keep the floor dry after showers. The laundry facilities didn't work and we needed to use them to wash uniforms. The pool towels were always out. Housekeeping came by late and asked if we "needed" anything. So basically I got a $220 hotel bill and for what....a terriable trip! Wouldn't advise you go there, if you do...be specific. Some friends were stuck on the smoking floor. It was so gross. You couldn't breath and it always smelled throughout the halls of smoke. The WiFi didn't work in the rooms!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We apologize that we were not able to accommodate the room type you wanted. Unfortunately when rooms are booked through some third party travel sites, you are only booking a room not a specific type of room. Had we had available rooms, we would have done everything in our power to make sure that you were pleased with your accommodations. Our bathrooms in our handicap accessible rooms are set up to allow the ability to roll a wheelchair into the shower. Therefore a drain is set up in the shower and in the bathroom floor. A soundless, flashing light doorbell has to be available in these rooms for the hearing impaired to know when someone is knocking on their door.

We were able to repair the guest laundry on Monday. Someone had wedged a nail into the coin slot.

In January of 2011, we made a complete upgrade to our Wi-Fi system and tested each room and area of the hotel to ensure maximum service.