“Great Hotel - New, Clean, Great Price!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The La Quinta Inn and Suites in Dublin, Georgia, is a great hotel. It is new, clean, and the price was great! It is within walking distance of several restaurants. I stay at this hotel when I visit Dublin for business. My customer in Dublin told me that this is the best hotel in the area. I will stay here during my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have hesitated to review this hotel as I want to make sure I have a room when I work in town. It is already getting hard to get a room all the time. Not only is this the best hotel in Dublin Georgia, but it ranks as one of my all time most comfortable places to stay when traveling on business and one of the best run mid market hotels I have had the pleasure of staying at.

The hotel is over 3 years old, but it feels as new as the day it opened. I have stayed here several months over the past couple years. There is an occasional problem with a rude smoker smoking in a room, but this is a totally nonsmoking hotel and the problem is rare. I usually stay in a larger room but all rooms are relatively large and comfortable. Flat screen TVs, HBO only but a large selection of channels. Toiletries are passable. The rooms are always spotless with the best cleaning staff around (please tip them.) Very nice sheets and carpet and sofa's. There is a medium size refrigerator without freezer and microwave in the rooms. There is free wired and wireless. The AC units in almost all rooms is below the window but controlled by a thermostat on the wall.

This is like no other Laquinta you could imagine. Go in and you will be surprised. There are 3 floors with one elevator and beautiful hallways. They have great ice machines. They have a great computer room with printers. The exercise room is not great but at least they have one and I use it. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. They have free coffee in the lobby most times and most evenings they have cookies.

Breakfast is about as good as it gets at these hotels now adays. I enjoy getting breakfast here and the cleanliness and service is surprisingly exceptional.

There is ample parking, bellman's carts, covered entrance to unload. Right across the street is Longhorns Craker Barrell and Zaxbys. There are nearby fast food chains and Ruby Tuesdays.

I agree that one problem is when they get the kids in for softball or soccer tournaments. They do try hard to keep them under control with signs posted about quite times at the hotel. They try to protect their guests from noise etc, but this is a business that cant afford to not sell rooms to some misbehaved kids and their parents, especially in this economy.

I am a Diamond member with Hilton and I choose to stay here instead of the Hampton Inn in town.

Room Tip: I like 3rd floor larger room. A coworker prefers 2nd floor. No really bad rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Traveling in heavy, early evening downpours and needed to stop for safety. Lucky to have found such a nice, new, clean hotel under emergency circumstances. Kim, the evening desk clerk, was very helpful and accommodating. The room was very nicely appointed, CLEAN (most important feature for me) and with one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I have ever slept on. The only reason I don't give this hotel 5 stars, is because the coffee (very important to me) was not good and the "FREE" breakfast was not either. I would prefer all hotels stop the practice of offering the obligatory "FREE" breakfast and reduce the rates. I would much rather pay for a good breakfast than suffer through the hotel "grazing bar" breakfast. They are rarely good. I did not use the swimming or work out facilities, so I have no opinion on those features.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GaHike
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Great hotel! Held a business meeting there the last few days. The staff was friendly, extremely helpful, and went out of their way to accomodate us. The suites were outstanding, very comfortable and clean. The location is awesome too, 1 minute walk to 2 restaurants, Longhorn Steak House and Cracker Barrel in addition to a gas station and convenience store. The breakfast was complimentary and very good, both hot and cold food. This will be my choice whenever I visit Dublin in the future. Thanks La Quinta!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The lobby, pool and breakfast area were nice. The hot tub did appear as if a great deal of chlorine was poured into the hot tub. We did not venture forward. The pool itself was small, and slightly heated or warm. The kids had a great time nonetheless.
The breakfast buffet had variety, but mediocre quality. In addition, there was a problem with the waffle maker, so no hot waffles that day.
The room was a good size and clean. Two queen beds,which looked lovely. The mini fridge and the microwave were also a nice touch. However, the mattress was horrible. It was either old, or too soft. I do not have any back problems. My back was very sore the next day. Other family members who do have back problems were in pain most of the next day, due to the bed. I spoke with the front desk clerk. I have yet to hear from the management about the problem. In addition, the walls are very thin. I do not care to hear the alarm from the guests in the next room chime for over an hour; nor do I care to hear their conversation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelBug0103
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this one is the best one I have EVER stayed in. It is extremely clean, smells good, breakfast is good w/ many choices, and the rooms are nice and spacious with modern furniture. The location is also great since it is location right off a main interstate and there are 3 restairants right across the street. One being a Cracker Barrel which I personally recommend! I would stay here again, and again, and again! The next time I'm in Dublin I will book here!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank heydawn
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Despite a small ordeal with housekeeping. I would certainly recommend this hotel. I forgot My laptop charger at home (arizona) and the Managers and staff went WAY out of there way to locate one for me. The Mid-shift Desk Clerk Had her husband bring her personal Charger from home to lend me for the evening. The Owner even called me later to ensure that I had been taken care of. This may not seem like a big deal, but I had a lot of work to do and could only complete from my computer. And I truly appreciate the extra effort. KUDOS !!!!! and THANKS BUNCHES!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business