“Just average”

Dining options: Takeout
Sylacauga, Alabama
“Just average”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I ordered the brisket, and it was OK. I ordered the mac and cheese, and it was OK. Nothing outstanding, and nothing terrible. The service was OK. Not very busy at lunch, and I see why.
Probably will go to another place when I want BBQ.

• Visited January 2013

Toomsboro, Georgia, United States
“Not Consistent in Quality”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The quality is great one trip and not another. We used to frequently stop here because my husband loves ribs, but one time they are great, the next they are burnt.

Visited August 2012
Eastman GA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have lost respect for Sonny's over the last year or two. They used to be better, but everything tasted old and processed. Our server was probably the best part of the evening. The salad bar was good, but if you want some BBQ, there is another just a half mile down the road and there is no comparison.

Visited September 2011
Columbus, GA
“My Go To BBQ in Dublin”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Because this is a chain, you are pretty sure to get fairly consistent food here. Sonny's is Sonny's. I'm not from Dublin, but work here and when I want BBQ, this is where I go. Sure there is Buffalo's and the other chain restaurants, but Sonny's is as good as it gets for a true BBQ experience for me.

My partner likes to go early to ensure getting fresh options at the salad bar. The restaurant is really never crowded and we have always had a pleasant meal here. There are very few diners in Dublin that eat late, so there may only be a couple people eating if you go around 8PM. I like to just get a rack of ribs or a pound of ribs and skip the meals that come with the sides.

For Dublin, where there is not a ton of choices, this is a good bet for a good salad or a very good meat meal. In Dublin, Sonny's gets a Very Good rating.

• Visited September 2011
North Miami, Florida
“Terrible Turned Into Good”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

In town for 3 days on business. Wanted Bar-B-Q. Sonny's is usually pretty good. I like whole, dry rubbed pork ribs, not the St. Louis cut they now offer. Ordered a rack and sides. The rack the server delivered was dried out and obviously been sitting in a warmer for hours. I told the girl "These ribs are disgusting". If they don't have fresh ribs, I will order something else. She came back with a suggestion of ribs with sauce on them. Told her no sauce just fresh ribs or none. I guess the cook got the picture and sent out the fresh cooked rack he should have sent first instead of trying to get rid of an old rack. The meal turned out to be good after all and the server did all she could to please.

• Visited September 2011