“Nice enough hotel for the price and location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dublin
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff was nice, decent location with all other hotels in this area. Rooms were a bit small and not a very big selection at breakfast but clean place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Missy R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Kyle,
I want to first thank you for making a review online. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently upgrading our breakfast area. Guest like you helps us strive to make each stay better. We hope to see you on your trip through. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Dublin

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila C
Missy R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The overall experience was good. The location was very quiet and the room was clean. The chair in the room was heavily stained and seems past due for an update. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lou P,

Thank you for taking the time out and posting a review of our hotel. The big over stuffed chairs are a unattractive burnt orange and I do not feel that the color is appealing and they appear to be soiled and truly they are not. However we are in the process of upgrading our furniture and the chairs will be upgraded soon. I am so pleased that you had a overall good experience and I invite you back again soon to see our progress. Thank you again!

Missy

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had stayed in Tennessee the night before, and wanted a place that was on the route to Savannah, with a short drive the next day to get there. This place fit the bill. The staff was courteous and the room great. The only down side was the slow internet. Continental breakfast was average, but was enought to hold us over until lunch.

Room Tip: Make sure to tell them if you are an AARP or AAA member, and if you have found a rate on the interne...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Missy R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear ForTheUnderDog,

Thank you so much for your honest review of Baymont Inn & Suites. We always strive to provide excellent service. I do apologize for the slow internet connection. As I am typing this response to you we have the new cable company outside laying new lines for the internet service. I am sorry that you had an issue with it and when you are on your way back through I would love for you to stop back by and give the new connection a shot. We recently became a Baymont Inn & Suites and we are updating the breakfast with some new items to better accommodate the service for our guests such as you. I value all of our customer’s opinions because it helps us improve our service and yours has helped. Thank you again for taking the time from your schedule to write a review. Have a great day! :)

Missy Renfroe

p.s. I always root for the UNDERDOG!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

First I'd like to say that this motel was very clean and the LG tv was great! It's an older property that could use some updating and the staff was cordial but not exceptional. They have an ok breakfast but they did have a nice variety of fruit available. This property is located in a very small town approximately 100 miles from any major city so there's not a lot to do in the area.

Room Tip: It's quieter on the back side of the motel and is well lit.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Val S,

First let me say thank you for reviewing Baymont Inn & Suites of Dublin. My staff and I take pride in providing the best customer service possible. The service that we want to give is exceptional not just cordial. All of our staff such as the Front Desk Clerk, Housekeepers, maintenance personnel and me truly love their job with the hospitality service industry.
We just recently became a Baymont Inn & Suites and we are in the process of modifying our breakfast, upgrading our rooms, and implementing a Wyndham Rewards program to provide a better night’s stay with us. With these modifications we were introduced to a new program to check in guests with. We are learning the new computer system so our level of comfort in checking in guests such as you in the new program is tedious for us. I apologize for any of our staff that did not show how excited they were to have you as our guest. I think that the more familiar that we become with the system that our exceptionally friendly personalities will shine.
During the months of November and December there are not a lot of things going on here in Dublin that is specific to our town. However we do have a HUGE St. Patrick's Festival in March and there are daily events going on. Some of these events are a Hot Air Balloon Festival, an Art's and Crafts Festival, Leprechaun contests for the young and the old and a Classic Car show. We also have quite a few Public Fishing Areas such as Huge M Gillis PFA if you are a fisherman and many hunting lodges if you are a Sportsman. Less than 1/2 of a mile down the road is the Dublin Laurens Recreation Department that is one of the newest and largest complexes in the state. The complex has many recreations going on throughout the year but during the months of May thru July it hosts the ASA National Qualifier and the USFA Softball Tournaments.
Please come back by and stay a while and maybe enjoy a game or two on our new flat screens or at the local ball field. I would love to have you stay with us again and see the progress that we are making in the accommodations. Thank you again for your review and taking your time to let me know how we are doing and what we can improve on. I appreciate it so very much.

Missy Renfroe

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I spent one night here while passing through Georgia. I went to the Jameson Inn because I have used them before and always found them perfectly satisfactory. This one was no exception. For a very reasonable price I had a good clean and comfortable ground floor "drive-up" room in which everything was in good working order. The room was very quiet, being at the back of the building; but the inn is set well back from the road so I don't imagine there is any noticeable traffic noise in any of the rooms. The bed was extremely comfortable and in the morning I found everything I needed in the pleasant breakfast room.
I have just read two other travellers' reviews of this inn and see that they were not satisfied; but their reviews read as if they were writing about some other place. It isn't the Ritz, but it isn't the Bates Motel either.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Maus59,

Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate your accurate review of the hotel. I am so excited to know that we met your standards. We are no longer a Jameson Inn but we still maintain the quality and service that you expect from one. Please come back and see our new name and even better service! See you soon! :)

Missy

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Here's what happened. We stayed 2 nights in Dublin at the La Quinta Inn near the Cracker Barrel. We left Dublin & went to Savannah & stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel near the Airport. Both stays were great.

Then we tried something for the first time, we used Expedia Unpublished Rate hotel feature for a 2.5 star hotel in Dublin. Their website showed three hotels with 2.5 stars, La Quinta, Holiday inn Express & Jameson. The 2.5 star motel they gave us was this Jameson Inn.

We arrived & immediately noticed that this was more of a motel than a hotel. It was run down looking. We were given room 102 on the back side of the motel. Upon entering the room we found that it had a strange odor to it (possibly cigarette smoke).

We brought our suitcases in & noticed that the room was worn & outdated. I should have taken some photos to post on the site.

The toilet lid was up, the stopper for the tub was laying on the top of the tub & there was a damp dirty wash cloth at the top right of the shower curtain all wadded up.

We talked it over & thought that we could stick it out for 1 night. However after a few more minutes we decided that we couldn't take the smell & asked for a refund. We were in the room for a total of maybe 20 mins.

The clerk advised us that since we booked this on "Hotwire" there would be not be a refund. She did offer to move us to a different room. No Thanks. At that point we just left & drove back to Jacksonville since we were out the $60 and didn't want to incur another expense to stay at a different hotel.

This motel in no way compares with the Dublin La Quinta Inn. We come to Dublin often to see the grandkids, next time we will spend 30 more dollars & stay at the La Quinta or try the Holiday Inn Express. I doubt that we will use the Expedia unpublished rate hotel feature again even though our daughter was satisfied with using it in Atlanta & Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask to check out the room first before you actually check in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family