“Could have been better”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Rome, GA
“Could have been better”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Eating at a Long Horn Steakhouse has always been enjoyable, but this didn't hit the spot. We had a party of 5. The entrees ranged from soup and salad to baby back ribs. The soups were good. They reversed two of the salads with grilled chicken and had to remake them. They brought out one replacement and the other took 20 minutes more. The ribs were cool in temperature, fair in taste, and a little fatty. Not my best experience at one of this chains locations.

Visited December 2012

Concord, North Carolina
“Can't Find the Words”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

First of all let me say that we don't usually eat at steakhouses since we're on low fat diets and about the only option they offer that we can eat is a chicken dish or two. Sometimes seafood will work, too. Some of those in steakhouses have been pretty good in the past so that's what we expected from LongHorn. During an overnight stay in Dublin, my wife and I chose LongHorn since it was in easy walking distance of our hotel. Big mistake. My wife ordered salmon since it's usually a pretty good choice, and I asked our server if one of the chicken dishes was prepared with butter or olive oil or simply grilled. She told me everything they served was prepared with butter. I told her that was a problem for me with my diet, and then she said she was mistaken, that neither the chicken nor the rice pilaf which I had ordered were prepared with butter. Should have sent up an alarm but I went ahead with the order. Needless to say, everything tasted like a large serving of butter with some chicken and rice pilaf dumped in it. My wife's salmon was so greasy with something she couldn't eat it either, so we both tried to enjoy our salads with no entrees.Iceberg specials. Not a sign of green leaf lettuce anywhere. So much for the food. On to the waitperson.

In all honesty, she was the worst wait person we have run across in years. We had trouble deciding if her personality or attitude about her job was worse. Not to mention her knowledge of the dishes she served. I'm usually a generous tipper, usually 25%, and I guess I could still be considered that since I left her 10%. She should have given me a gratuity instead.

When we returned to the same hotel the following week on our trip back home, we decided we would choose anywhere else for dinner, even if it required driving, which we did. Here's a hint..went to Ruby Tuesday and it was excellent.

Visited November 2012
Frome, United Kingdom
“steaks”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Extremely good value and excellent menu. Only disappointment was no alcohol on a Sunday! Thought prohibition was over

Visited October 2012
Toomsboro, Georgia, United States
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We always get great food and great service here. The steaks are the best. I don't know where they go to learn to cook them, but they melt in your mouth!

Visited September 2012
Eastman GA
“Great Steak”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my food the last 3 trips here. I usuall order the outlaw ribeye steak, and the wife orders the Flo's Filet steak. Both were cooked perfectly and the sides were good as well. The place is usually busy, so come early if you have a large party.Well managed and run.

Visited March 2012

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!