“Execellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Execellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We checked in on last Wednesday night for three nights. Rooms were bit dated but nice and comfortable bedding made up for it. A/c was quiet and efficient kept the room cool. Elevator was clean and quiet. Bathroom was clean and well vented. Room was clean and comfortable. adequate lighting, two telephones in the room and a phone in bathroom was very convenient. Outdoor pool was bit too close to highway but it was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very good. staff was very friendly and accommodating. Internet was excellent and a business center was very convenient to print boarding pass.
I wish highway department had not encroached the area. The construction work was making the access bit difficult. The expansion has caused some restaurants to relocate but overall it was good location. It is veryclose to six flag, downtown Atlanta at very affordable rate.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank UpperCapeResident
Allen-Hospitality, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen and my company Evon Allen Hospitality Management has taken over the operations of the hotel as of August 15, 2011. Thank you for the comment you posted I am sure the past operators as well as myself and the current staff find this comforting.

We have completed a $1.7 Million renovation since your last stay which means that value that you mentioned just got better. The breakfast is now HOT by definition of taste and sight.

We hope to have you sample the stay and re-evaluate its value, and as always, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

we had been at six flags all day and choose this little town to stay in because of safety, The room was roomy and very clean, included a frig and microwave. The breakfast wasn't great but the pool was enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen; my hotel management company (Evon Allen Hospitality Management) has been contracted to operate the property as of August 15, 2011. It is a pleasure to see that you were pleased with your stay and I am sure the previous operators placed a lot of focus on cleanliness. We as the new operators have continued that trend and took it a bit further in the sense of renovating the property so the carpets, ceiling, lobby and rooms are 80% new. All that's left to change out are the TV and wooden furniture.

If you ever get the chance to stop by, do stay and help us help you by providing the new staff and myself with feedback so we can continue to keep the propety clean while improving the service to an immaculate level.
Batesville Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I have never been treated this badly at a hotel. Service here is unbelievably poor! We were harrassed every single day we were there by an Arab who thought he was it. The rooms were decent, the pool is great, and the breakfast sucked. I would never stay here again..and it is not kid friendly. And by that I mean they don't like kids.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
BREMEN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

We were celebrating our anniversary, and did not want to go downtown Atlanta because of the crime rate. However, in the middle of the night, we get a call from security that our car was broken into. Our new laptop was stolen from the parking lot. So therefore, our night was ruined. No compensation was given from the hotel. No security is there, so I do not recommend for any one to stay at this location. I was very dissappointed in the fact that the hotel staff was very unconcerned about our loss. All that we received was, "I'm Sorry"
Sue Allen
Waco, GA

• Liked — close to home
  • Disliked — unconcern about my loss
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen from Evon Allen Hospitality Management. We have been contracted to take over the operations of the property as of August 15, 2011. While respoonding to past stays I glanced and saw the title "we got robbed" and immediately I felt the need to respond to you.

It is never a good experience and I hope nothing valuable or dear to you or your family was stolen. The hotel has been renovated as of May 2011 which includes the camera systems as well as the lighting in the parking lot. The city and myself has had a sit-down to see about the street lighting because we are used to bright white-light, not the yellow lighting. A number of other elements were discussed in an effort for guest to feel safe as well as feel secure that their vehicle will be in mint condition when the wake the following morning.

I do hope everything turned out well and your carrier took care of you as I do understand the burden dealing with such an issue. Do stop by in the near future so I can apologize for the hotels past flaws and help creat new memories not only for the hotel but for the location and city.
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

I stayed here on business. The room was a little musty and the bathroom had badly stained wall paper. The Internet was reasonably fast. The area appeared to be fairly safe. Lots of construction crews stayed there that night. Food and Restaurants are at the next exit down the highway. The breakfast was the typical and sparse breakfast found at the comfort inn. An Adequate Stay!

• Liked — Loacation off the Highway
  • Disliked — Musty slightly dated room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Miguel_WI
Warrior, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

We chose this area on the recommendation of a friend. My grandmother, son and I were in town for one night to see a Braves game. Since it was just the three of us, and our first visit to ATL, I didn't feel comfortable choosing a hotel downtown. We drove from north Alabama, so the hotel was on our way - on I-20 about 20 minutes west of downtown Atlanta. The hotel was not one minute off the exit...very convenient. The short drive downtown was worth the security of the area (the drive would have probably been a bit longer had it been a week day - it was a Saturday game). The staff were friendly and helpful, there were plenty of restaurants in the surrounding area, including a Cracker Barrell less than a block away, the pool area was nice, and the continental breakfast was good. The room was as expected...clean. The only less than copesthetic thing I could say about our entire stay was that there was construction going on at the I-20 exit...it did not present a problem, though. Would recommend this hotel and will stay there again for our next Braves game. -- Lori S. Hanceville, AL

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Road construction at I-20 exit
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
Quality Inn near Six Flags
Quality Inn near Six Flags
#5 of 12 in Douglasville
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!