“Nice Hotel”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and daughter stayed arrived late on Thursday night July 5th for one night. She said she enjoyed her stay and felt it was a nice hotel. She mentioned that the breakfast was very good, which I would grade as excellent as she usually isn't very impressed with the in hotel breakfast offerings at many hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Good day, my name is Evon Allen and my company has been contracted to operate the Comfort Inn, Douglasville, GA. Thank you for your comment, we are pleased that we were able to take care of your family in your absence and do continue to travel. As well as continue to provide feedback so the industry can improve.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Driving through from NC to Mississippi. Rate was great (AAA) for two queen bed. . Nothing fancy, but everything looked neat. Perfect for a rest after long drive. Breakfast was good. Staff at night was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The staff was wonderful, the bed was very comfortable, and the rate was quite reasonable. Although the room didn't appear dirty, I discovered that it wasn't very clean. When I showered, I spilled some water on the floor. When I wiped it up, the towel was filthy. In addition, there was mold growing on the shower curtain and the room smelled slightly musty. On the positive side, there is a decent complimentary breakfast and the hotel is right off the interstate exit. There's is also a nice small outdoor pool and an exercise room. Since most of the reviews of this property were very good, I assume perhaps my room was the exception and not the rule, so I won't recommend not staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Good day MikeMoAtl, My name is Allen and I represent the company that is currently contracted to manage the property. Thank you for choosing to stay with our location as well as your comment on the stay.

As a result of your feedback we have gone ahead and changed out all the shower curtains and installed new ones that are not cloth base. We have also gone ahead and purchased new mops for the housekeeping staff.

Your comment is and will help us to provide a better quality of service. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was a great hotel for the price point it's in. We stayed here with our baseball team for a tournament and everything went very smoothly. Boys had a great time in the pool and enjoyed watching the Braves game in the lobby. Breakfast offered a wide variety of items that made everyone happy. Our room was updated and very clean. Nice large bathroom too, not the kind you can barely turn around in. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Spent one night here on Saturday July 9th, 2011.

This was a couples getaway. The hotel was very accessible, and very clean.

All the staff were friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that the frotn desk signed me up for their frequent traveler program without asking me first. Other than that, no complaints.

This was a couples getaway, so we chose a room with a jacuzzi.

This was not your typical run-of-the-mill jacuzzi. This was a gigantic two-person jacuzzi. This thing was so big you could almost sleep in it. The jets were not too strong, but be forewarned - if you are a petite person, the jets will literally scoot you across the tub. One of the most hilarious sight I have ever seen!

They also advertise a heart-shaped jacuzzi, but I don't think it could have compared to this one.

Granted, the $149 rate 'stung' a little bit, but this room was so nice, I would gladly stay here agian.

This was a non-smoking room, and it smelled CLEAN. Not from cleaning chemicals, just a pure clean smell.

The location is great - just far enough from the interstate, and just far enough from the highway so that noise is a non-issue. Close to just about any restaurant you could think of, and lots of great shopping nearby, including a mall.

Gipson's Bar is about a half-mile away, a landmark nightspot in Douglasville.

If you stay in Douglasville, consider the Comfort Inn - you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had a blast excellent service -very personalized ...management was friendly..will strongly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Allen-Hospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Good day,

My name is Evon Allen, my company Evon Allen Hospitality Management has been contracted since August 2011 to operate the property and we are estatic that you found the stay up to par in service and quality.

We hope you choose to stay with us in the future as we have a number of capital improvements lined up which will greater impact the quality of your stay.

Thank you again for posting your comments and thank you for traveling.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had to go upto the Atlanta area for a family issue. I have a friend who lives in Douglasville, so I decided to stay in hotel near her so I might get a quick visit in. From the moment I walked upto the front desk the I felt welcome! Both people at the desk greeted me and even made me smile on what was a very trying day! My room was clean and updated. I was near the fitness room and took a quick peek in, but didn't have time to use it. It looked clean and orderly, and the equipment looked to be in good shape. The parking lot was well lit. Since i travel alone quite a bit I truly appreciate any added sense of security. The only issue I had was it was tricky finding my way into the hotel. GA DOT has redone the exit ramp in front of the hotel so you have to kind of go up and around the block to get there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Allen-Hospitality, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Good day,

My name is Evon Allen. My company Evon Allen Hospitality Management took over the operation of the hotel as of August 15, 2011 and I do remember meeting you at checkin. I was the gentleman. Thank you for sharing the experience online.

We tend to make the workplace a fun place which inturn makes the interaction with the guest a more pleasant one. We are happy that our environment helped to make your day a better one and we appreciate having been given the opportunity to serve.

Since your last sttay the DOT and I have had dialogue and they have installed "TrailBlazers" on the main road (Fairburn Rd / GA92). These trailblazers are directional signs that aid the travellers by means of our logo and arrows to the new route to get to the property. The DOT recently completed a massive project rebuilding the I-95 overpass and re-structuring of the exit ramp. This project has beautified the infrastructure of the exit but created a maze for the hotels. The trailblazer signs have been a great help and the feedback from guest like yourself has been very positive. We are now waiting on the city to re-locate the street sign with the street's name so it is more visible and more lit so the area can once again become visitor friendly via signage.