“Will definitely stay here again.”

Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The location is as close to interstate 20 as you can get. This was concerning as I thought traffic noise would hinder my sleep. Surprisingly, I didn't hear anything until the morning when I was leaving and I was on the 2nd floor. Friendly staff, clean rooms and excellent location to restaurants and shopping. A great price and close to Atl in a nicer area. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is in a great location across the road from the mall(s) and fast food places. My room was large and spacious and clean, absoutley loved it. Bathroom was huge too. The reception staff were helpful and friendly and they had home baked cookies waiting for guests on arrival, which was a great touch.

The Breakfast was basic, but cereal did me fine, there was also ho drinks available 24 hours a day which was lovely too.

Would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel very often as I travel to the area for business. The hotel has completely remodeled and it looks fantastic! I have never, ever had an issue with cleanliness, bugs or hookers. As often as I stay there the chances of encountering any of those issues would be rather high so I think the other comments are very rare occurrences.....especially hookers. C'mon, really? The staff is great an will bend over backwards. The only thing they could have done is have added free weights to the fitness center remodel but that is very minor. Location to a wide variety if restaurants. Excellent place!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mrsmurfy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel several times while passing through Georgia. The Hotel is always spotless clean and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly. I have never had any problems while staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here one night for work. There are many restaraunts close by. I didn't see any issues previous reviewer mentioned with bugs. My room was clean and quiet. I had a problem with the tv signal not working and the evening desk worker came up and checked it out. She was friendly and apologetic.

All in all the hotel was fine. A couple of small issues, sink was stopped up, tv signal didn't work. But nothing major that was a big issue. The hotel does need some updating in the lobby/breakfast area. Looks outdated

I would stay again if in the area. Parking was in front and well lit.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a problem that was not immediately handled. The staff is incredibly friendly and they anticipate your every need. I wish all Hamptons were as good as this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 9/19/12 and it appeared clean. I checked into the room and immediately checked the bed and the bathroom. Again it all appeared clean. My stay was pleasant and comfortable until 9/20/12. I was brushing my teeth when I saw two hug ROACHES run across my counter. Now, I'm not afraid to admit I was startled. I wasn't expecting it. I also realize even the best hotels have bug/rodent issues. I immediately contacted the front desk via a visit not a call.

The receptionist looked at me and said "yeah, we having a problem with bugs right now."
She didn't apologize once, didn't say, we'll send someone up to spray, she didn't offer any assist, apology, or conciliation. What she did offer was for me to enjoy their hot breakfast. I looked at her and smiled and said, no thank you. You're having a bug problem right now. I've stayed at a few hotels and I know when the staff doesn't care or show concern for the customers concerns, it's time to check out.

I did, I'll be contacting their corporate office, to voice my displeasure after this post. Be forewarned. Looks great on the outside, infested on the inside.

Room Tip: Bring your own raid.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
rtowler, Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel in addition to apologizing for the level of service you received. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 12 in Douglasville
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Days Inn Douglasville-Atlanta-Fairburn Road
Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville? Share your experiences!