“Perfect for business” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
“Perfect for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel very often as I travel to the area for business. The hotel has completely remodeled and it looks fantastic! I have never, ever had an issue with cleanliness, bugs or hookers. As often as I stay there the chances of encountering any of those issues would be rather high so I think the other comments are very rare occurrences.....especially hookers. C'mon, really? The staff is great an will bend over backwards. The only thing they could have done is have added free weights to the fitness center remodel but that is very minor. Location to a wide variety if restaurants. Excellent place!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mrsmurfy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel several times while passing through Georgia. The Hotel is always spotless clean and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly. I have never had any problems while staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here one night for work. There are many restaraunts close by. I didn't see any issues previous reviewer mentioned with bugs. My room was clean and quiet. I had a problem with the tv signal not working and the evening desk worker came up and checked it out. She was friendly and apologetic.

All in all the hotel was fine. A couple of small issues, sink was stopped up, tv signal didn't work. But nothing major that was a big issue. The hotel does need some updating in the lobby/breakfast area. Looks outdated

I would stay again if in the area. Parking was in front and well lit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a problem that was not immediately handled. The staff is incredibly friendly and they anticipate your every need. I wish all Hamptons were as good as this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 9/19/12 and it appeared clean. I checked into the room and immediately checked the bed and the bathroom. Again it all appeared clean. My stay was pleasant and comfortable until 9/20/12. I was brushing my teeth when I saw two hug ROACHES run across my counter. Now, I'm not afraid to admit I was startled. I wasn't expecting it. I also realize even the best hotels have bug/rodent issues. I immediately contacted the front desk via a visit not a call.

The receptionist looked at me and said "yeah, we having a problem with bugs right now."
She didn't apologize once, didn't say, we'll send someone up to spray, she didn't offer any assist, apology, or conciliation. What she did offer was for me to enjoy their hot breakfast. I looked at her and smiled and said, no thank you. You're having a bug problem right now. I've stayed at a few hotels and I know when the staff doesn't care or show concern for the customers concerns, it's time to check out.

I did, I'll be contacting their corporate office, to voice my displeasure after this post. Be forewarned. Looks great on the outside, infested on the inside.

Room Tip: Bring your own raid.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
rtowler, Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel in addition to apologizing for the level of service you received. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I live in a small town in Mississippi and it is often more convenient for me to drive to Atlanta to start long trips. I've used this Hampton Inn several times as a convenient layover point before catching a flight the next morning. It's only about 30 minutes from the Atlanta airport. This unit is typical of the chain. Seems to be clean; staff is friendly. They have a pool. Several restaurants very nearby. (My favorite and suggestion is the Outback Steakhouse, to which you can walk). One note: rooms have no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great location right off the interstate. Yes, they are remodeling but the rooms are great. Hopefully they will get microwaves for the rooms. If you want quiet, then ask for the rooms that are next to highway and not the road. The windows does keep the noise out from the highway. Believe me, I'm picky about noise.

Can't wait until the remodel is over and this location will be bigger and better.
The renovations didn't hurt the stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank puddin928
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
Quality Inn near Six Flags
Quality Inn near Six Flags
#7 of 12 in Douglasville
4.0 of 5 stars 28 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville? Share your experiences!