“Good bargain. Clean safe area, and inexpensive”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My title pretty much sums it all up. We decided to go to Six Flags over Georgia with my 10 year old daughter. I used tripadvisor to look at reviews. The location is good, which is important in the Atlanta area since there are definitely some parts of town you want to avoid. For a trip to six flags, this was further out of the way, but much safer and cleaner. The town is Douglasville, and is only about a 15 minute trip to the park. There is a small strip mall behind the hotel that contains a couple of restaurants, a Dollar Tree, and a couple of other small businesses. Also, a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are directly behind the hotel, just a few parking lots away, and easily within walking distance. These areas are reachable without having to go on the main highway.

The room was clean, organized, and comfortable. Security wasn't the greatest. There is a back entrance door that goes out to the pool, and is supposed to be key card entrance only, but it was broken and people went in and out constantly. This was a safe area, but it did make me a little more cautious with my daughter, as anyone coming from the strip mall or surrounding areas could just walk in and be completely unseen by the front desk.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Someone was always at the desk to greet ppl and answer questions with a smile.

Free parking and free breakfast in the mornings.

Several restaurants are right by the hotel: Cracker Barrel, Zaxby's, Hooters(I would avoid this one), and a Barbecue restaurant, pizza place, etc. All are withing walking distance. Arbor Place Mall is just a few minutes away for shopping.

There is an outdoor pool. My only other complaint about this hotel (other than the broken security door) would be the pool, as on the first day on our arrival it was in need of some serious TLC. The water was cloudy and had a strong smell. My daughter jumped in for a few minutes but quickly got out because it irritated her skin. We did see an employee skimming the pool and adding chemicals the next morning, which made it look somewhat better.

Overall, I would use this hotel again for a trip to six flags. A double bed room in June was only about $89-$99. That is a good bargain if you're looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 28, 2010

I arrvied for a business trip in mid February at this location. Check-in was uneventful, with the clerk acknowledging my frequent traveler status. The room and bath were spacious and clean. The area was easy to navigate and felt safe. Elevators operated well during my brief stay. The fitness center is fairly spartan but the equipment worked properly. There is a mall close by with many chain restaurants to choose from.

I appreciated the fridge, microwave and flat screen TV as amenities in the room. The desk chair was as comforable as they get.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My family stayed here one night in March on a road trip. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful especially when looking for a place for dinner. Breakfast was better than other hotels of this type. They had a variety of hot items for breakfast along with with the usual muffins, yogurts and fruit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The hotel was a great value and a good location for those passing through the Atlanta Area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel on February 2, 2010. We were warmly greeted when we arrived and check-in was effortless. Our room was a little smaller than those we've enjoyed in other Holiday Inn Express hotels, but it was big enough for one night. The room had obviously been recently updated and was very clean. The bedding was of good quality, and the decor was very pleasant. We rested well on the king-size bed and enjoyed the flat-screen TV.

The location of this hotel is great! There are many restaurants in the area and a large shopping mall just across the Interstate. We went to a movie at the mall, then had dinner at at a nearby Logan's Roadhouse. In the morning, we took advantage of the free breakfast downstairs near the lobby. It was fine, though the warm cinnamon rolls were excellent with coffee.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to travelers who want to stay near Atlanta.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Express while vacationing in Atlanta. This hotel was very nice and the staff was great. When we got to our room we were surprised how big it was. The local cable was out but we were made aware of the situation at check in and all the national channels were available so it wasn't a problem. I would highly recommend staying at this property while in Atlanta. It's only about 15 minutes from downtown and in a nice area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2008

This hotel is pretty nice. The suite room was larger than a normal room with plush bedding. The road that this hotel is on is really busy and it makes it almost impossible to turn onto or out of the hotel. There are three restaurants, a cracker barrel, a fast food joint, and a Hooters that are within walking distance. Given the choices for dinner, and that there was a football game one, I choose Hooters. It is probably a terrible hotel to drive a trucking rig to, as it is too busy to enter and the driveways have short widths.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Mac_Maximum
hiemanager09, manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2009

Thank you so much for your compliment at our hotel. Our staff takes pride in making our guest very satisfied. I am sorry that you had a hard time getting in and out of our hotel. We are always looking for ways to keep our guest comfortable and safe. This road can be busy during the holiday season because there is a Walmart and Sam's Club on the same street. We do also have a back entrance to our hotel. Thank you so much for your business and I look forward to your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Douglasville
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#7 of 12 in Douglasville
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville? Share your experiences!