“Worth It” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lithia Springs, Georgia
“Worth It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very friendly, courteous staff. Generous portions. Great value. Our family loves the (I believe it's called) "chef's special". Each dish on the menu is always more than enough for 1 person. Most of all - it's clean!

• Visited March 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“New find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Saw this restaurant near where I grocery shop and decided to try it for lunch and I've been back a second time. The food, portions and value are worth going back again.

Visited October 2013
Douglasville, Georgia
“Best Mexican Yet in D'ville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I saw on Trip Advisor that this Mexican restaurant rated #3 in Douglasville, so we decided to check it out. We always order a small cheese dip and a small guacamole to start, and often this is all I will have--so the chips they serve are a definite 'deciding' factor for me as to whether I will be returning or not. Their chips did not disappoint! They were delicate, very, very fresh, and gave a soft pleasing crunch--not like some of the Mexican restaurants, where the chips seem to have just come from a paper bag in the back. The guacamole was as good, if not better, than any I've ever eaten anywhere (and that covers a lot of guac!). It was 'lumpy' with chunks of fresh avocado, had fresh cilantro, tomatoes, and onion, and was absolutely delicious. The cheese dip was almost buttery tasting, and was exceptional. My husband ordered a #8, which had a tamale (which he said was wonderful...I don't care for tamales, so I didn't taste it)], an enchilada (also reported to be wonderful) rice and beans. I did taste his refried beans and they were yummy! They were seasoned very well. I ordered 1 fish taco and 1 shrimp taco, and I was disappointed in both. I guess I expected them to be in a regular flour tortilla, but they came in a tortilla that had a texture like flour, but smelled and tasted like hominy--that strong, musty, corn smell and taste. Now, granted, that may be the 'authentic' way a taco is served, but, for me, an 'all American' diner, it was bleh. The fish was not what I expected, either (and yes, I should've asked--but the only other fish tacos I've had were filled with grilled fish & veggies, so I 'assumed' and I was wrong). The fish were little fried 'nuggets' of very salty meat that felt like fish, but had not distinct flavor. It was covered in some sort of salsa and had fresh cilantro and onion on it as well. Ditto for the shrimp taco. Really, flavor-wise, you couldn't tell them apart. Not good. Now my husband informs me (after tasting my fish taco) that he loves that musty-corn taste (which probably explains why he like tamales and I don't :-) and he thought they were good. But, I wouldn't exactly call him a connoisseur. as he eats just about ANYTHING, even if he doesn't think it is very good! Not so for me. If I like it I'll eat it. If I don't, I won't, period. From what I tasted of his meal, and the chips and the guac and the cheese dip and the salsa....(oh, I almost forgot about the salsa. It was very good--and pretty HOT! We liked it, but I can see that for some people it would be way too hot/spicy) I'll have to give them 4 out of 5 stars, and we will go back. I just won't order the fish or shrimp tacos. And then I guess I'll have to revise this rating if the experience warrants it. But, for now, this has been the best Mexican place we've been to since we moved here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank mabestrn
“100 score”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The most authentic is also the cleanest restaurant in town. From the chips, salsa, combination dinners, to the tacos this place is very good. No matter what criteria you judge your Mexican Restaurants, this place delivers.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Beahero
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Mexican food with very reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This cozy Mexican restaurant is located in a strip mall in Douglasville. The food is wonderful and I highly recommend the guacamole, which is always fresh and delicious. Also the soups are wonderful, filling and inexpensive. Service is very timely and prices are very reasonable.

• Visited November 2012