“Traditional Southern feel”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #14 of 173 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Wendover, England, United Kingdom
“Traditional Southern feel”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Not really my cup of tea. Extremely Southern style and reminds you of the wild West.
Food was average. Handy for the Hotels across the road. Not worth a trip otherwise. Gift shop attached made it a better experience.

Visited May 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Easter lunch place”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The place looked really busy but we got on the waiting list for a table. Five minutes later we were called and were seated. Our waitress was pleasant and friendly and took our drink orders and came back for our food orders once we had decided.

The kitchen must have been really busy and it took a while for our food to arrive but when it did it was hot and inviting. The boneless fried chicken breast was some of the best I have ever eaten. Tender as could be and very tasty. The broccoli was crisp and tasty. The hashbrown casserole was great. We also had a choice of breat.

Seriously, it was more food than I could comfortably eat. The atmosphere was enjoyable and the service was very good. The really good part was the bill. It really didn't cost that much.

• Visited April 2014
Douglasville, Georgia
“Good food Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cracker Barrel has good, tasty food at reasonable prices. This is underscored by the crowds that pack the place on weekends for lunch and dinner. However, at 15 minute wait is worth it. The service can sometimes be hit or miss; but most of the time service is great.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Barbara O
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food Still Good - Service Very Disappointing”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The spouse & I went for breakfast on Saturday morning, March 8, 2014. It was crowded, as most Cracker Barrel Restaurants seem to be, but we were given a table right away. Our drink & food orders were taken very shortly after we were seated, and that was the end of the good service for me. My whole purpose in having breakfast there was because I really was looking forward to having their biscuits with my meal. Approximately 1/2 hour later, our server brought the biscuits and informed us that our meals would be coming momentarily; so we waited & waited & waited some more but no food! Our server stopped by our table and asked if there was anything wrong with the biscuits, as I had not eaten any. I informed her that I was waiting on my food, and she replied that these biscuits were just to start us off and there would be more biscuits coming with the meal. She also apologized for the delay. I did not want to fill up on biscuits and have no room left for my breakfast; so, we waited and waited some more before I stopped our server and asked her what the problem was. I asked our server if the kitchen was short of staff? She informed me that it was and that the Manager was in the kitchen helping to cook! By this time, I was ready to pay for our drinks and leave, but the spouse convinced me to wait some more; although he was not happy by then either. Finally, the food finally arrived, but now, I was waiting for fresh biscuits - as the first (uneaten) biscuits were cold and taken from the table. By the time 2nd plate of biscuits came, my food was cold. Approx. an hour into this fiasco, I spoke to our server to express my dismay and dissatisfaction with the wait. She apologized profusely and asked if we wanted to speak to a manager. I then spoke to Angela, the General Manager, to inform her of how unhappy I was with the kitchen service. We did not blame the server. The Kitchen was the issue. Angela apologized and asked how she could make our experience better and offered us more food to take out or drinks. By this time, I only wanted to leave and said so. Angela expressed that she could not let us leave without making this situation right, so I was comped for my meal.

I will sum this up by saying that the breakfast is almost always very good, and I love the biscuits - but if you go there, you might have to be prepared for a long wait to get it.

• Visited March 2014
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Worst Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were seated promptly and our drink order taken quickly, that was where good service ended.Drinks didn't come to the table for a half hour.Many tables where patrons came in much later were served and finally over an hour later our food came,all of it cold pancakes were even tough and some items missing .The manager did bring out new pancakes and missing items,but by that time the kids had finished all their drinks and no one cared about eating anymore as it had been two hours. When the ticket came it had to be corrected. It was a big waste of time and money.

• Visited February 2014