“Take it easy”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been coming to this place since they first opened down the street. The food is always great. The portions are always big. There is always a take home bag. You can easily make a meal out of the app menu. The app portions are bigger than some main dishes at other places. So if you can't take food back home either find something and share or order from the apps. I often get a full order of jambalaya just to take home. Of course that just adds to the goodies in the fridge since I can only eat a portion of the regular entre. This is my favorite place in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was great, staff friendly and accommodating, food hot fresh and tasty. Poboys were huge kids ended up with togo boxes. If I could take this place back home I most certainly would. Loved it! Even thought we had to wait for a table.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We go to Gumbeaux's whenever we get a craving for Cajun food. It can definitely be crowded at dinner time, but worth the wait. The portions are huge and the food reliably good. One caution: it can be very spicy, so if you're sensitive you should mention it to your server. Warning: if you plan to have Bananas Foster for dessert you should have a party of 4. It's HUGE, and tasty! Very reasonable prices, too.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for a feel of New Orleans while being in Northwest Georgia, Gumbeaux is your place. The owners do a good job of creating a lively NO vibe that is family friendly. If you like spicy and full flavor dishes you will enjoy the food at Gumbeaux. The restaurant does of a great job of pulling of a mom and pops diner. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The portions are huge. We could not finish our plates. If you want a taste of NO in Georgia go to Gumbeaux.

1  Thank GShrop
Reviewed March 13, 2013

When my friend from out of town suggested that we go to Broad street, downtown Douglasville Ga for dinner to eat Cajun food, I thought he was a little off. But to my surprise this place was happening!!! The line was out the door. Tuesday nights is $5.00 shrimp :-). The place smells so good, we waited for about 45 minutes, and ended sitting at the bar for dinner. It was worth the wait. Very friendly staff, they seem to have alot of regular customers. The food was out of this world.!!! Never been to New Orleans, but this experience makes me want to go. They do not open on MONDAYS!!!

1  Thank Gladys G