“Very Impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Pontotoc, Mississippi
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Pulled into here Monday evening after 11:00. The lady at the desk was very nice and accomidating. Provided me with a room quickly. The room was clean. The bed slept very well. The air and tv worked nicely. The breakfast was as good as any low teir motel. Room rate was great. Parking was great. For the price, this was a great quick overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Havelock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I am very picky when it comes to hotels. I like clean, no bugs, and nice floor to where I do not feel I have to wear my socks all the time. Also with my toddler it needs to be clean. I prefer Hampton or Hilton however this trip we had our dogs (one being a lab) and also wanted to save some $$. Room 104 was clean and nice. The furniture wasn't as fancy as Hampton but bed was cumfy and there was tv. Even tho it was old it did the job. The bed isn't fancy either but I thought it was cumfy. Would stay here again. :)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank The_freemans07
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I seriously have no idea how this place received no negative reviews. Ok, on the plus side, the staff seemed nice enough, and our room was clean. But, that's where the positive points end. The bed was old, rickety, and gave me one of the worst nights of sleep I have ever had. The blankets were stained, the water pressure was extremely low, and the walls were so paper-thin we could hear every word of every conversation taking place in both adjoining rooms.
Granted, our room-neighbor starting up his huge diesel pickup (with tailpipe pointed directly at our door with no weatherstripping around it) at 6 in the morning and idling it for 45 minutes until we were all sick from our room filling up with diesel fumes wasn't exactly the motel's fault (even though the staff could have said something), but at that point we had had enough. We should have sprung the extra 10 bucks for a much nicer place. Serves us right for trying to go cheap!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Indian Head, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Well, I pulled off the road when the highways were pretty treacherous during the recent ice storm. I called in the hotel's name to my brother, who made a reservation for me. When I got there, I noticed right away how spacious the room was.
The room had a fridge and microwave, as all I could do the first day was hobble over the the Raceway gas station and buy some microwavable sandwiches and the like. I stayed two nights, and the manager was completely honest. No price gouging here!
I also noticed how meticulous the manager was about cleanliness of the breakfast area. He much work to do, as there were many people there (stranded truckers also).
Sure, this hotel had the older CRT flat screen TVs, BUT the sound quality from the TV in my room was second to none...had the large speaker arrays on each side. Many HD sets have super-crisp pictures, but sound like tin boxes. I would suggest that they KEEP these sets for a while :) Breakfast as quite ample, and I would give this hotel my highest recommendation, as a frequent traveler.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

In the last week I have had a terrible experience with other motels. I sucked it up due to the stay being pre-paid. On the trip back home I looked for a hotel that had no negative remarks or poor ratings. The reviews were accurate. This was a refreshing and comfortable stay for the night. The staff was polite and the room looked and smelled clean. It's nice to see that the property is taken care of and there's pride in keeping it maintained. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I had driven from Alabama and were exhausted. We did not have much money and prepared ourselves for a dreaded stay in this hotel and yet we were amazingly and wonderfully surprised. The front desk clerk, Anita was awesome. Best customer service. She was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had all the necessities we needed in our room. In the morning, we had a very nice hot breakfast with warm fresh made waffles and fresh fruit. I enjoyed my short visit at America's Best Value Inn and would spend the night just to get away from the kids. I live only 1 hour away.

Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Great value.