“Nice Family Resturant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I went here for my birthday, mainly because they have a birthday special that says you can have a free $12.95 entrée or just pay the difference.

This is a good place to take your family and friends as far as atmosphere. One thing they don’t do is sale mixed drinks but they do sale wine and beer.

We were all overly dressed for my birthday as well as for this restaurant, which we knew we would be. But it’s a casual dress code here. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

When you place your order, they bring out rolls with some type of garlic oil that you dip your bread in. The rolls and oil was very good. They also bring out salad which was good as well. I ordered the Manicotti and asked that they add chicken to it because it originally was only cheese in it. The flavor to me appeared bland as well as my husbands Lasagna. So we added a little salt, which help add flavor to it. Because they knew it was my birthday, they brought out complimentary ice cream. I don’t usually eat desserts because I have an allergy with nuts but I thought that this was nice. Well, unfortunately, it had nuts in it. But luckily, I caught it before I really started eating.

One thing I noticed about the food was that the next day, it was super delicious. I don’t know if that extra day of letting it sit helped or what but the flavor really came through.

Good place to eat if you are local and wanted to try something different from the fast food and other restaurants in the area, however, there is an Olive Garden right now the street.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I admit I'm picky about Italian food, since I lived in Rome for 2 years and also have learned to make some dishes on my own, but I try to make allowances when I go out in the US. However, the only thing as bad as the food in this place was the surly service! Every single thing we tried was AWFUL. We didn't finish a single dish. It's telling when they don't even ask why you're leaving everything on the plate; they know why! Give these guys a miss.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Sometimes you want a place to go to that has the room for large groups and consistently has good food and service. Provinos is that place for us when we have a large get together. No the food is not what I would say as truly authentic Itatlian but it is good. We have never had anything served to us that was not hot. The garlic rolls and the salad are a meal in itself. Some people are just to picky you can't please them if you had to.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I get to the Douglasville Provino's on a fairly regular basis, usually once a month. The goods is not spectacular, but always good and that is a nice consistency. I like the chicken/eggplant ptarmigan; my wife likes the cheese ravioli.

The salad is always very good as are the garlic rolls. Didn't like the house merlot, but the other merlot by the glass is good.

Atmosphere is good; much quieter than Olive Garden or Carraba's.

Good choice.

Oh yeah - free meal on your birthday. Nice too.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A friend at work recommended Provino's in Douglasville so Tuesday night the wife and I decided we would give them a try. Now don't get me wrong, I love garlic as much as anyone. The first thing I noticed when we walked in the door was the strong aroma of garlic. It almost overwhelmed me. When they brought out the bread with the salad I found out why. There was a puddle of butter with an equal amount of garlic in the bottom of the bread bowl. Now imagine the aroma from all the tables with that same amount of garlic. Anyway, the bread was good, with the butter and garlic, but just too much garlic. In my humble opinion.
The salad was only average and as my wife complained,"Only one choice of dressing?".
Now my entree. I ordered the vegetable lasagna. When it came to the table it looked good but as I ate I noticed that the ends of the bowl the sauce was very hot but the center where the cheese and noodles where it was only luke warm at best. The plate and the bowl were cool to the touch. My only thought was this had been microwaved. Now I don't know that for a fact but it came out exactly like some of my dinners that I had attempted to heat up and wasn't patient enough for it to heat up all the way through.
My wife said her meal wasn't much better.
To sum it up. We didn't like it and we will not go back or recommend it to anyone.

Just my opinion.